(Frequent Asked Questions)
- Q: Can I make the recordings using my mobile phone?
- A: Well, it really depends on your mobile phone audio/video quality. As described in the Competition’s Terms and Conditions) if the sound quality isn't enough you might get disqualified. Top mobile phones have good audio/video quality, although if they are positioned near the horn, a high level of sound intensity might produce distortion in your recording. If possible use a camera and a good microphone.
- Q: Can I record myself using my computer’s camera?
- You can make a nice recording from a computer camera using an external mic to enhance the audio quality. As a 2nd option you can also use a for example a Zoom audio recorded attached by USB to your MAC/PC as an external mic. If you have an audio recorder without USB, you can always try the line out (recorder) / line in (pc) or even headphones (recorder) / mic (pc). If you use "line in" will be easier to control the volume level, but if you use the mic jack you might get overdub (that can be controlled by volume in level). For these last 2 options, you will need a 3mm male-male jack.
- Q: Can I send the YouTube video as "private"
- All videos in the competition should be sent as "public" or "not listed" in the youtube settings in order to allow everyone to get access to all videos and make all this process as clear and transparent as possible to all competitors.
- Q: Video cannot be edited. Does this include equalization and adding reverb to the sound, or is this restriction based more on cuts?
- A: I know some players will have access to bad-sounding practice rooms, so it’s allowed to add reverb but not change the sound. Also you might record for example using your computer camera for the image and the sound from a good sound recorder (such as the Zoom handheld recorder), but the sent video should be in sync or might not be accepted for the competition.
- Q: Where can I find the piece required for the competition?
- Q: Where can I find these pieces in my own country?
- A: I’m sure if you ask in your local sheetmusic shop they can order he pieces s for you, but AvA Musical Editions can ship worldwide
- Q: Can I be disqualified if I don’t own the original?
- A: As described in the Competition’s Terms and Conditions, the book must be visible in the video or you will be eliminated from the competition and not eligible for prizes. It’s enough that you show it at the music stand.
- Q: Where can I check if my video was accepted for the competition?
- A: After submitting your videos through the application form, check your application “Status” in the Competitors’ List. Please allow 5 minutes to the automatic update of the page. Every application will be then manually confirmed to check if it follows the Competition’s Terms and Conditions, so it can take a few hours.
- Q: Can I send the videos after the deadline?
- A: As described in the Competition’s Terms and Conditions, at midnight July 18th, 2017 the submission process closes. You can then check at the List of Competitors your time/date stamp and if your videos were accepted. I highly recommend you to send your videos long before the deadline. Please note that the announced days and time are based on Portuguese Local Time (GMT + 0:00).
- Q: I’ve got a questions that are not listed here, where can I get more information?
- A: For further information you can contact-me email me at
[mail] [at] [ricardomatosinhos] [dot] [com]