Fife Milton Edgewood Junior Soccer Club
Minutes of February Meeting
Open the Meeting
Attendance of Chairpersons/Officers: Tom Kolokithas, Travis Hull, Jenn Killmer, Diedre Feinauer, Danelle Rempfer, Cy Palmer, Bobbie de la Cruz
Excused: Darcy Hobbs, Ryan Johnson, Jesse Poplawski, Kaylynn Poplawski, Cy Palmer
Not Present: Carolyn Sinay
President- Tom Kolokithas
- SLMS Shed - will be replacing. In process. Has email into school district. Cannot do while school is in session. Will cost approx. $3500 for brand new shed. Tom Pierson gave us contact. It is in budget. It will come in beige so we don’t have to change it unless school district requests. Will have partition in it like Fife Shed.
- Fields Position - Nick de la Cruz nominated, accepts, approved.
- Treasurer Position - no one has stepped forward to fill position. Went to Tax Center, they want $4000 + a year to oversee books. That is more than we spend on balls. So Vice President will be doing Treasurer Position with help from President and Registrar and have info sent to the Eboard. We will buy a separate laptop and QuickBooks to keep financial info only on for the club. VP will maintain until position is filled.
- PSPL Rec - they announced on their website that Rec Leagues are forming. They hired a coordinator, Ray Campbell. Probably will not open up Registration until late-June or July. This is another option (as discussed in previous meetings) for our club to have. This is for U11+ Rec teams only. They have clubs rate teams and put them with skill-appropriate teams. Might be more travel, but it will depend on who signs up. Kent FC, Fircrest, and Everett have signed on. FME has not committed to it yet. Sumner, Puyallup and Fircrest are our nearby clubs. Still time to decide before the season starts.
Vice President- Travis Hull
Secretary – Jenn Killmer
- Minutes of 3/18/15 Meeting – Dale Moves, Travis seconds. Approved
- Bylaw changes - gave proposed bylaw changes:
- · Added page numbers
- · Article 5, section 1, in b and e change mangers to managers
- · Article 9, section 1, a - put a period. B put a space in 60 days
- · Article 9, section 3 - b, put a “m” in from
- · Article 9, section 3, take out the blank 9 under Registrar
- · Article 9, section 3, Referee Assigner - put the o in of
- · Article 12, section 2, a - put a period
- · Article 12, sections 8, letter a -- state: prior written approval
- Article 5, section 6, remove c, change a to include “and be responsible”
- Move training director to Eboard.
- Article 7, section 1, add (g) Training Director
- Then, under Responsibilities of Offers she would be bumped up to (g)
- Article 9, section 3 - l - 1, remove “goalie shirt and gloves” and replace with “goalie apparel”
- Article 7, section 2. Add: Married couples will not be allowed to serve concurrently on the Executive Board.
- Article 9, change Section 2 to be: A person who receives compensation from FME cannot vote on matters pertaining to that compensation, but can provide information regarding compensation.
- Then change section 2 to 3, and section 3 to 4
- Two proposals for Uniforms.
- Proposal #1: Separate Select and Rec Uniforms:
- Select uniforms be under Training director:
- Article 9, section 3 - i, add: and consult with Uniform Coordinator on suitable uniforms for select teams and players.
- Proposal#2: Uniform Coordinator does all Uniforms
- Article 9, section 3 - l, state: suitable uniforms for all FME teams, will consult with Training Director on Select uniforms.
- Coaches BBQ - we are looking into doing it at Milton Community Center by Triangle park, Danelle is looking into reserving. Was suggested to look into having it catered this year.
Treasurer – OPEN
Registrar – Diedre Feinauer, (Ast Registrar - Bobbie de la Cruz)
- UK Spring Academy Registration - still have spots open. It starts next week. Will send out another email.
- Registration numbers -- we are above where we were last year.
- Signed up for Volunteer Spot on Bonzi. Need some of us to check it out to see how it works.
- All Coaches Packet info needs to get updated on website by June 1st. Board Members need to make sure they update their stuff.
- Bobbie - no report
Game Chair – Danelle Rempfer
- Schedules - sent schedules to select coaches to see if spreadsheet works. Is working with Dale to put it on the website. Will be doing more training with Bonzi to see if we can do live schedules via website. Only issue is she can’t edit through phone.
- Had issue at Fife Stadium with trash. Need to make sure we leave fields cleaner than when we got there. If you show up and it is already trashed, take picture and email it to Danelle. Jolene states we need to email about fields only and this. Per Tom FSD is making a letter we will post on website about fields. Jolene states we should remind our coaches to treat away fields like they are our own.
Fields Chair – Open
Referees – Cy Palmer
- Per Jenn -- they are doing a recertification for lapsed Ref’s that is online only. Can email Cy or Jenn if you want the info.
- FME will be doing their Ref intro clinic in late-August
- Asked when the recert clinic is, Jenn does not know, will ask Cy.
Training Director – Darcy Hobbs
- Not present - report per
- Tom says she wants to get reversible tryout pinnies, nicer ones that are better quality. Concerns that 1st group will get them all sweaty, second group will have yucky ones. Suggested we by 100 pinnies for $1500 and have enough. Tom states we can take money out of Stipened budget or Coaches Gift money.
- Kickarounds -- are posted and underway. Darcy will send one more email containing details on needed assistance, but we are in good shape. GU16 & GU17 will be posted shortly, Danelle got approval from FSD today. Email needs to go out to remind it.
- Tryouts -- posted. A couple will be updated soon.
- MOD Skills clinic - June 2nd 3rd and 4th. Darcy will send email for volunteers within the next 2 weeks.
- Per Jenn -- has had a request for cleat swap bin to be at the UK Spring Academy. Will make sure Darcy has bin.
Webmaster – Dale Speaks
- Working on getting things live on website. Trying to make website more user friendly. Having better icons to help with tabs.
- Tom asks if we can do an FME app. Per Dale he asked Bonzi and they don’t have a mobile app. Tom suggests we check into independent app places to build us one. Too much data to post spreadsheet.
- Restructuring emails so they only go to who it is directed. Helps maintain privacy.
Picture – Carolyn Sinay
- Per Jenn -- Picture day will be 9/19/15
Turkey Jamboree/Ways&Means – Ryan Johnson
- Not present - report per Jenn
- Would like Sharon to get the info on the Shredding Truck. Per Danelle Albertson’s is having Shredding Truck 4/25/15 10am-1pm.
- Would like more feedback on fundraising ideas. Tom suggests we do another auction since we had such a good turnout last year.
- Suggests we do a food drive.
Equipment – Jesse Poplawski
- Not present - report per Jenn
- Balls have been ordered for the season. Is going through DTI, not Badden.
- Letting all MOD players keep their balls (some will have last seasons ball, but they will still get to keep it).
Uniforms – Kaylynn Poplawski
- Not present - report per Jenn
- Will start entertaining vendors at the end of this month.
- Seattle Mist -- parent expressed concern that they are practicing at SLMS again. Usual complaints about the way the coaches speak to the players (no issue with player conduct, just coaches). This parent spoke with the Fife School District and was told Seattle Mist does not have privileges at SLMS, they were denied usage. If the coaches create a problem she was told we are to call the Milton Police Department. Per Parent Fife School District states they have gotten many complaints over the last 3 years. Jenn states last season every time they were asked to leave the field they did. We will have Danelle confirm with school district so we have it in writing.
For the Good of the Game:
Motion to Adjourn – Jolene
2nd – Danelle
Next Meeting Date is: Wednesday, May 13th, 2015
Members Present: Tom Kolokithas (Pres, BU13 Shockwave), Travis Hull (VP, GU7 Blast, GU11 Pumas), Jenn Killmer (Secretary, GU8 Dragonflies, BU10 Sharks, GU12 Storm, BU18 Extreme), Diedre Feinaur (Registrar, BU10 Sharks), Danelle Rempfer (Games, GU13 Fusion 01, GU15 Renegades), Bobbie de la Cruz (Asst Reg, BU12 Xtreme), Dale Speakes (Webmaster, BU12 Fireballs), Nick de la Cruz (BU12 Xtreme), BU11 Xtreme
Please excuse any incorrect spellings of names. ☺