enter: new media and enter: marketing systems administrator
Enter: New Media is looking for a system administrator for our New York office. If you are comfortable managing and optimizing a LAMP infrastructure, working with Rackspace and Amazon hosting tools, and are excited to solve problems and work with a great team in a Union Square loft office, this might be the position for you.
You will spend roughly 60% of your time managing our server infrastructure, around 15% will be spent providing support to end-users and dealing with our hosted VoIP and other intranet issues, and the rest of your time will be dedicated to innovating solutions for optimization and best-practice for this and our Chicago and South American offices.
- Linux command line experience (Ubuntu is best)
- Samba/SMB/Windows Networking
- Desktop troubleshooting, Mac and PC
- Google Apps Administration
- Managing Ubuntu Linux-based web servers which host several large web applications, as well as many small websites.
- Deploying new web applications and various small websites.
- Creating, maintaining and monitoring backups for site content, and various databases including MySQL and MongoDB.
- Monitoring server logs for issues.
- Troubleshooting servers when issues arise, as well as adding additional capacity to scale when under load.
- Managing internal IT infrastructure:
- Firewall and network switches.
- Linux based NAS appliance.
- Windows File Server
- Hosted VoIP System
Position is fulltime, and entry-level.