Participating in this Vision International School (VIS) learning system, you will abide by all rules and regulations published in this acceptable use policy and agree that you are subject to the jurisdiction of all disciplinary panels and procedures established by VIS to address violations of acceptable use of the online learning system. All assignments you submit and all tests you take shall be solely performed by you, except where it is requested that you participate in a group project. You will not submit work that is plagiarized or otherwise violates copyright laws of Qatar.
As a user of this learning system, you agree to access materials only for lawful purposes. You will respect the privacy of other users, and you will respect the integrity of the computer systems and other user's data. It is your responsibility to respect the copyright protection of licensed computer software. You will not obstruct, disrupt or interfere with the teaching and learning occurring on the system, through computer "hacking" or any other nefarious methods. You will not harass, stalk, threaten, abuse, insult, or humiliate anyone using this online learning system. This includes, but is not limited to demeaning written or oral comments of an ethnic, sexist, or racist nature, and unwanted sexual advances or intimidations. You understand you may be held liable for monetary damages for any wrongful actions you undertake.
As a participant in this learning system, you are solely responsible not only for adhering to all relevant laws, statutes, rules and regulations, but the VIS standards, rules and regulations as well.
Enrollment does not confer either immunity or special consideration with reference to civil and criminal laws. Disciplinary action by VIS will not be subject to postponement on the grounds that criminal charges involving the same incident have been dismissed or are pending in court.
This learning system comprises and contains copyrighted materials. The delivery system is the property of VIS. This learning system is provided solely for the use of students and prospective students of VIS. You may not distribute, publish, or reuse the materials, audio files, images or design, or any part of the materials, audio files, images, or design of this learning system whatsoever. You are only authorized to view, copy, and print documents contained within this learning system, subject to the agreement that:
- Your use is for the performance of class work as required by the teacher teaching the course you have officially registered for;
- You will display all copyright notices and retain any other copyright and other proprietary notices on all copies you make;
- You will not reuse any material contained on this learning system, including but not limited to the 'look and feel' and functionality of the learning system;
- You will not copy the content in this learning system for any commercial or non-commercial purpose;
- You will not copy any codes or graphics contained in this learning system, except those graphics used in courses, subject to the above terms;
- You have not gained access to this learning system for the purpose of copying the contents of the courses or the learning system for the personal commercial or non-commercial use, or your company's commercial or non-commercial use;
- You understand you are subject to the copyright laws of Qatar, and will not violate those laws.
[last updated December 2016]