France’s Gourmet School Lunches Video
- What do French schools publish on their menus besides the lunch offering?
- What do French schools aim to introduce children to?
- Why do French schools take great precautions to keep food safe?
- What kinds of things are cleaned and disinfected in school cafeterias?
- Why do school cafeterias keep small samples of every food that is served?
- Why is eating thought of as a pleasure in French culture? What is shared during a meal?
- Why does the chef make his own fish stock?
- Consider the high school menu we are shown – roast beef, ratatouille in puff pastry, fresh vegetables, mussels, escargot. Would you be interested in eating like this? Why or why not?
Create a chart to explain how school lunch in France is similar to and different from American school lunch.
AMERICAN SIMILAR FRENCH