Finance Committee Charge
The SVA Finance Committee is and advisory committee to the SVA Board of Directors. This committee meets quarterly, at a minimum, to consider possible recommendations to the Board related to reviews of monthly/quarterly financials, the budget development process, and potential opportunities and strategies for maintaining continual financial health of SVA and its organizations. The Finance Committee is not in need of additional members at this time.
School Academic Accountability Committee (SAAC)
The SAAC meets quarterly, at a minimum, and is responsible for managing the annual SVA Parent Satisfaction Survey process, and for reviewing and recommending the School Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) for Board approval each year. The SAAC follows applicable open meetings laws.
SVA SAAC Charge
May 2, 2017
SAAC Agenda May 2017
SAAC Meeting Minutes May 21017
SAAC Meeting Minutes April 2017
April 12, 2017
SAAC Agenda April 2017
SAAC Meeting Minutes February 2017
February 21, 2017
SAAC Agenda February 2017
SAAC Meeting Minutes January 2017
January 24, 2017
SAAC Agenda January 2017
SAAC Meeting Minutes April 2016
SAAC Agenda 2016 April
SAAC Meeting Minutes February 2016 - Approved
SAAC Agenda February 2016
SAAC Meeting Minutes November 2015 - Approved
SAAC Agenda November 2015
SAAC Meeting Minutes October 2015 - Approved
SAAC Agenda October
SAAC Minutes April-Approved
Board Election Committee Charge
SVA's Bylaws state that the regular Board Elections shall be held in the spring of 2017. The Board Election Committee coordinates the entire election process, from recruiting candidates to the election itself. During an election year, this committee meets regularly. The BEC can be contacted using the following email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Election Cycle Dates to Remember:
- Candidate Questionnaire Due December 9, 2016
- Meet the Candidates Event March 1, 2017
- Election to be held on March 8, 2017
Prospective Board Candidate Packet (please download each item and read carefully to ensure all criteria are met) (coming soon)
1. Board Election Procedures
2. Board Handbook
3. 2016 Strategic Plan
4. 2016 - 2017 Approved Budget
5. Candidate Questionnaire
6. Current Charter Contract - DCSD Charter Contract page
2017 Board Election Reminders - There one seat opening up due to term limits in the spring of 2017 and the Board invites all interested candidates to apply. Here are some important notes to remember:
- Candidates must be philosophically aligned with the mission and vision of SVA and value the PK-12 culture of our school.
- Candidates must attend/observe at least 3 regular Board meetings before the election in March 2017. The Board meets on the third Wednesday of most months at 6:00 p.m. in the HS School Library.
- Candidates must be in good standing with their volunteer hours.
- Candidates will be asked to interview first with the Board Election Committee, and second with two current Board members.
- Applications are due NO LATER than Friday, December 9, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
- Questions? Email the committee at email@example.com