Upcoming JHPDA Meetings
(Campus map for meeting & event locations)
Policy and Advocacy Committee Meeting
Join us to learn about and contribute to events open to all postdocs!
When: Tuesday, Jan 4, 4:00 - 5:00 pm
Where: Wenz Cafe, 1600 McElderry St, Baltimore, MD 21205, United States
Contact: Jacqueline Brosnan-Cashman
JHPDA Socials Committee Meeting
Learn about JHPDA’s socials committee. Open to all!
When: Wed, Jan 6th, 9:30 - 10:30 am
Contact: Justin La Favor
Media and Communications Committee Meeting
All are welcome to join us with ideas for effectively communicating and advertising to Hopkins postdocs.
When: Wednesday, Jan 13, 8:30 - 9:30 am
Where: MRB Daily Grind
Contact: Premraj Rajkumar and Pankhuri Vyas
JHPDA Executive Council
Co-president: Stanley Andrisse
Co-president: Rohan Gupta
Treasurer: Nick Wyhs
Secretary: Chelsea Qinjie Zhou
Communications: Pankhuri Vyas and Premraj Rajkumar
International: Beth Zucconi and Anders Josefsson
Policy and Advocacy: Jacqueline Brosnan-Cashman
Professional Development: Jineta Banerjee and Xiang Xu
Socials: Justin La Favor
Diversity Postdoc Alliance: Dionna Williams and Marc Edwards
Joining the JHPDA
Interested in one of our committees? Want to contribute to postdoc events, policy and training? Good ideas for future events?
Email us: email@example.com
Bulletin provided by the JHPDA Media and Communications Committee
Want to contribute to our bulletin? Know of an upcoming event, or want to write an article for our “In Brief” section?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
IN BRIEF: JHPDA Wishes You A Happy New Year!
Happy 2016 everyone!!! We hope you all had happy holidays and we wish you all a happy new year.
Voting for this year’s Holiday Party Cookie Decorating Context is now open!
You can check out the contenders, and vote, HERE!
Upcoming JHPDA Events
JHPDA Monthly Meeting, Wed., Jan. 6th
Learn about ongoing JHPDA programming and events. Open to all!
When: Wed., Jan. 6th, 5:30 - 7:00 pm
Where: Miller Research Building, 181
Questions? Contact Chelsea Qinjie Zhou
Professional Development Opportunities
Professional Development Office
Click here to see the full calendar of PDO events.
Click here to make an appointment with the PDO.
- Career Blitz for Regulatory Affairs Careers and Resume Tips on Jan 7th 12-1pm at 1830 E. Monument, Peter C. Maloney Classroom (2-108); register here.
- Second Annual Competition for iBiology Young Scientist Seminars (iBiology site, apply by Jan 11 here)
- Career Clinic-LinkedIn Jan 14th 9am-3pm at 1830 E. Monument, Peter C. Maloney Classroom (2-108); register here.
- Research Leadership in Academia Jan 19th 4-6pm at 1830 E. Monument, Peter C. Maloney Classroom (2-108); register here.
- Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures - Commercialization Academy (details here)
Additional Professional Development Events
- Welch Library Courses (upcoming courses)
- Effective Science Communication course series (website, schedule)
- Writing Accountability Groups (WAGs)
- Hopkins Science Writing Program (details here and here)
- Science of Learning and Gateway Sciences Symposia: Excellence in Teaching and Learning in the Sciences; JHU campus, Jan 11-12 (details & registration)
- Center for Integration of Research Teaching and Learning (CIRTL)
- Johns Hopkins School of Education
- Offers graduate certificate programs & online programs in education (details)
- Webinar opportunity to learn about “Targeting Cancer Pathways: Understanding Immune Checkpoints” on Jan 19th organized by AAAS (register here).(posted 1/4)
- Funding opportunity, Career Guidance for Trainees awards from Burroughs Wellcome Fund of $30,000 - $50,000 for each grant is now open; deadline is deadline is March 16, 2016, details here. (posted 12/21)
- Registration for the 2016 Annual National Postdoc Association is now open, at Van Andel Research Institute in Grand Rapids, MI; early bird registration until Feb 2. More details here
- Volunteer opportunity, Hopkins Robotics Cup, Jan 30 at Homewood; multiple positions available (judges, referees, field personnel, etc., no experience necessary). Contact Margaret Strong or register here (posted 11/16)
- Download free booklet on marketable skills and transition to the next phase of your career (from Science Magazine; here) (posted 11/02)
- National Postdoctoral Association Releases Guidebook to Advance Postdoc Women: more information here
Fellowship and Job Opportunities
Visit the below site for additional updated listings, including job postings and postdoctoral fellowships in a variety of science careers across disciplines. Recent additions listed below.
- Temporary communications specialist, JHMI Media Relations
Contact Shawna Williams Communications Manager (posted 11/30)
- Academic Program Manager position, JHMI Professional and Career Development Office (details) (posted 11/16)
- Postdoctoral fellow opportunity at Johns Hopkins in vascular surgery outcomes research with Dr. Mahmoud Malas (details) (posted 11/16)
- The T Rowe Price internship for next spring/summer is open for postdoctoral fellows; preliminary letters of interest invited (details)
- Apply to be a Global Health Corps Fellow (due 2/2, details)
Receive grant alerts here.
Events Around Baltimore
For other local events, visit http://baltimore.org/events or the Culture Fly calendar.