Did you know that Hawthorne offers free Pre-K classes to young children living within the Hawthorne school boundaries? Our Pre-K program, called Boise Pre-K Project, is a unique partnership between the City of Boise and the Boise School District. Children, ages 3-5, engage in fun and educational activities which include singing, listening to stories, creating art, making friends, learning math and literacy skills, and having a great time. Children learn valuable skills to prepare them for kindergarten and beyond. We offer morning or afternoon classes, and children attend five days a week. There is no cost to families, however, parents are required to participate at school an average of two hours each week. If you are interested in learning more about our Pre-K program please stop by the Hawthorne office and fill out an interest form. We have periodic screening days during the year. The teacher will contact you to schedule a time to bring your child for a brief, fun assessment. Students will be selected according to pre-academic need. Our classes fill quickly, so some students may be placed on a waiting list until there is space available in class.
Is your child ready for Pre-K?
• Child must have reached age 3 in order to take the screening assessment.
• 90% attendance is required.
• Child must have reached age 3 by September 1 of the school year.
• Child needs to be independent in the bathroom.
• Parents must participate/help at school an average of 2 hours per week.
• Transportation to and from school is the family’s responsibility.
We look forward to meeting you and your child!
Links to Boise Pre-K Stories: