1) The executive branch
a. Makes laws
b. Explains 1aws
c. Enforces laws
d. declares laws unconstitutional
2) The President of the U.S. DOES NOT have the power to
a- Declare war
b- Negotiate treaties
d- Veto bills
3) The person who takes the President's place if he is unable to serve is,
a- President pro tempore
b- Speaker of the Hóuse
c- Chief Justice
d. Vice President
4) Who is the leader of the Executive branch of the government?
a- The Speaker of the House
b- The Majority Leader of the Senate The Secretary of State
c- The President
d- The Chief Justice
5) Which of the following is not a part of the Executive Branch?
a- The Cabinet
b- The Supreme Court
c- The Secretary of State
d- The Vice President
6) What is the main job of the Vice President?
a- To drive the president around in his limousine.
b- The vice president acts as Commander and Chief of the U.S. armed forces
c- To take over as president if the president dies or can no longer do the job of president.
d- To lead the cabinet meetings and take notes for the president. To take part in parades and funerals.
7) True or False: Each cabinet member must be approved by the U.S. Congress.
8) Which of the following is not a requirement to become President of the United States?
a- You must be a natural born US Citizen
b- You must have lived in the United States for at least 14 years.
c- You must have the U.S. Constitution memorized by heart.
d- You must be at least 35 years old.
9) What is the term of office of The President?
a- 2 years
b- 4 years
c- 6 years
d- 8 years
10) What is the salary of President of the United States?
a- Two hundred thousand dollars
b- Four hundred thousand dollars
c- Six hundred thousand dollars
d- One million dollars