Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance
1. Students will acquire the attitudes, knowledge, and skills that contribute to effective learning in school and across the lifespan.
2. Students will understand the relationship of school experiences and academic achievement to the world of work, home, and community.
3. Students will complete school with essential coursework that provides a wide range of substantial post-secondary options.
4. Students will become aware of self in relation to the world of work.
5. Students will explore the world of work.
6. Students will use strategies to achieve future life/career goals.
7. Students will develop the ability to evaluate and to approach life as a contributing citizen in our global community.
8. Students will develop the skills to understand and appreciate themselves and others.
9. Students will identify and utilize processes to set and achieve goals, make decisions, and solve problems.
10. Students will develop the resiliency skills necessary for safety and survival.
Box Elder Essential Learning Standards “B E L S” (May 2014)