St. Matthew’s Parish School
6th – 8th Student iPad Use Policy • 2017-2018
General Statement on Use:
Use of the iPad falls within the guidelines of our Character Covenant and Technology Use Agreement. The iPad is a learning tool intended for academic use throughout the school day for purposes relevant to each course. The iPad is subject to review, inspection and monitoring by the school at any time. The iPad is assigned uniquely to each student and to be used only by that student. The school provides the iPad, case, satchel, USB sync cable, and power cord. The student is required to provide a set of earbuds or headphones, and may purchase a stylus, keyboard, or other accessories. Each family is responsible for the care of the iPad while off campus. In case of damage, families will be asked to cover a $50 fee to help with cost of repair. Families will be asked to pay an additional fee of $100 for subsequent damages. If an iPad is lost, families are responsible for full replacement cost.
- Keep screen clean using a soft cloth, such as those used to clean sunglasses (no liquid).
- Do not set iPad near food, liquid or source of heat.
- Keep iPad out of extreme sunlight and protect from rain.
- Keep iPad in its case at all times.
- iPads should not be left out at school. They should be in a locker, or with the student.
- The student must bring the iPad to school every day, fully charged.
- During instructional activities, electronic communication is to be focused solely on the activity at hand. No non-school related e-communication is allowed during the school day.
- During free time at school, the iPad is intended for school-related activities only.
- The iPad has a built-in camera. Student must have the permission of anyone placed in a photo or video.
Apps and eBooks:
- School sponsored apps will be provided for the student. These are called the St. Matthew’s Core Apps. A redeem code will be sent to student for installation of each core app.
- Student may request to add other apps to the iPad using the App Request Form page. Once approved, an app is included on the List of Approved Apps page. Both of these web pages are available at the iPad Bootcamp for Students web site (http://www.ipadbootcampforstudents.com/).
- All eBooks to be used in class will be provided by the school.
Consequences for Violating Use Policy:
Consequences are determined by frequency and nature of infraction and may include the following:
- Verbal warning or signing the Log
- For repeated offenses, and/or willful major Character Covenant infractions, the student will be asked to call his/her parents under the supervision of the principal and may have iPad privileges revoked.
- Repeated violations will result in a parent meeting to discuss additional consequences.
Student Name: _____________________________ Student Signature: ________________________________
Parent Name: ______________________________ Parent Signature: ________________________________
Grade in Fall 2017: _______________ Date: _______________