Fife Milton Edgewood Junior Soccer Club
Minutes of May Meeting
Open the Meeting
Attendance of Chairpersons/Officers: Tom Kolokithas, Travis Hull, Jenn Killmer, Diedre Feinauer, Danelle Rempfer, Darcy Hobbs, Bobbie de la Cruz, Nick de la Cruz, Jesse Poplawski, Kaylynn Poplawski
Excused: Cy Palmer, Ryan Johnson
Not Present: Carolyn Sinay
President- Tom Kolokithas
- SLMS Shed - will be replaced 5/30. Approx $4800 after taxes and delivery. Will be placed on 4x4 so it does not sit in water. Will have a partition. Will likely keep TJ stuff at Fife and everything else at SLMS shed.
- PSPL Recreational League - taking shape. Should get rules next week. Will be called Puget Sound Rec League. Hopefully they will have a summit next month for board members to learn how it is done so they can show their clubs. Will allow player passes for rec players. Will do player sheets for Rec side. Kelly asks how to player card from WYS rec. Tom will get official answer. Kaylynn says during spring league it was very simple. Tom says players can play Rec and guest-play Select. They will restrict the number of games in a day. Talk about doing a shuffle mid-season.
- Select Summit “Parking Lot” items - Northwood field condition, still working on. Pipe opening at SLMS, Fife School district has been notified. Select info night for Rec parents would like to do. Will post when date has been decided.
Vice President- Travis Hull
- TPCJSA meeting – it is tomorrow. They are calling it an Association Summit meeting. D3 rebranding, deadlines, what clubs are participating, games chairs meeting, TOPS soccer update. We are still participating, we are staying neutral.
Secretary – Jenn Killmer
- Minutes of 4/8/15 Meeting – Travis Moves, Kaylynn seconds. Approved
- Coaches BBQ - June 17th (3rd Wed of June) at Milton Community Center. Having it catered. Thinking sandwich trays with a couple sides, keeping it simple.
- Proposed bylaw changes will be voted on at the June BBQ
Treasurer – OPEN
- Darcy has someone who might be interested.
- Hopefully next week Travis will have everything settled
Registrar – Diedre Feinauer, (Ast Registrar - Bobbie de la Cruz)
- Registration numbers are 421. Will likely have a jump in the next week. Have less than half of select players registered. Diedre is working on moving all the select players who already registered for rec to the appropriate select teams. Parents can log in and see if they have a balance. Diedre will email team managers if they have players who have not registered. Payment plan will be either one or two payments depending on when you registered. Payment dates were 4/25, 5/25, and 6/25. Those who registered after 4/25 will have 2 payment options.
- Final number for UK camp was 98 kids. More kids this year than last year, but less than previous years.
- Make sure coaches register in their age division.
- Still need rec coaches at the younger age divisions. Still not sure where to do RMA at. PSPL has instructions on what to do for RMA.
- Diedre has to register teams individually in PSPL. Nice thing about PSPL is you don’t need official roster signed. Team managers can print official roster anytime.
- Concerns over lack of security with US Club. Any team manager has access to all the teams.
- Bobbie - no report
Game Chair – Danelle Rempfer
- Fields update - live document is color-coded. Waiting for official approval from district, that is why they are red. OK to be out there if it is red. Trying to make it more cell-friendly. Found if you open it using googlesheets it is easier to move. Do not have SLMS on 5/19 because school has it. There is another time in June that Fife is out. Coaches cannot enter in info, still submit requests to Danelle and she will change the spreadsheet. Will list select team name and coaches name. Rec will be division and coaches name (no team name).
- At Coaches BBQ will have field request sheets.
- Still waiting for final field approval for July-December. They are creating a new policy.
- Teams not showing up for scheduled time.
- Concerns over Seattle Mist (see old business)
Fields Chair – Nick de la Cruz
- Looking at upgrading some nets. Wants to have goals set up with nets when practices start in July.
- If you move the SLMS goals you must flip the wheels back, they are not meant to hold the full wait of the goals.
- Suggested we make coaches responsible to maintaining velroe. Dale says they just came up with a new clip that is flush with the surface of goals. He will send the link to Tom and Nick.
Referees – Cy Palmer
Training Director – Darcy Hobbs
- Tryout update - last tryouts are this weekend. Everything is on googledocs. Feels numbers were good.
- MOD Skills Clinic - June 2/3/4 from 6-8pm. Is U6-U10. Need to be moved to the front page of the website. Will email for volunteers. Part of Select Coaches Good Standing. June 2nd parking will be tight because of event at SLMS. Tom suggests we make a banner for MOD Skills Clinic. Suggested we change name to Soccer Skills Clinic.
- UK Spring Academy update - discussed under registrar. Would like numbers higher. Maybe make changes for next year. Given suggestions. Maybe more position-specific each night. Discussed weather pay-per-day or keep it as one fee. Suggested we tell coaches to have their teams sign up together.
- Select Uniform Ordering Process - team manager has to give name email jersey number and phone number. That is what they have to do. Once the whole team is done they will finish the order and ship. Will not let you bypass name to be printed. Numbers on Jersey and shorts and warm up gear. Question if parents want stuff for themselves do they have to set up a separate account? Darcy will ask Soccerwest. Right now we have girls store, boys store, and spiritwear store. You are opened up to your gender and the spiritwear store. Will ask if they can order extra items without numbers. Will confirm how coaches will order their items.
- Will have a U10/U11 tactical training. It will be on grass and go over positioning. It is on the website, and will update once location is confirmed.
Webmaster – Dale Speaks
- Website Domain - domain name had expired. Will work on it more.
- Have looked into the volunteer spot. They have a campus plan so it works like a school. Can have individuals do their things and everyone can view. Since we are a part of Bonzi we can do it for only $99 (usually $350). Tom suggests we have a training session for it. Darcy suggests we use it for the MOD clinic. It does allow us to reuse information. Dale moves we spend the $100 and get the campus plan. Nick seconds, approved.
- Maybe make a better background on the website. Have something different. Only needs to have knoelage of photoshop. Maybe have a contest with an iTunes gift card or something.
Picture – Carolyn Sinay
Turkey Jamboree/Ways&Means – Ryan Johnson
- Not present
- Kelly knows someone who does dent repair, would volunteer for Jamboree weekend.
- Questions on if we are going to do the shred truck. Best time to do it is after tax season.
Equipment – Jesse Poplawski
- Balls from DTI should be here second week of June. Usually comes late. Hopefully will have handout done in July. Purchased a lot of new equipment this year. Will have all the soccer balls and uniforms out of the shed before 5/30.
- Ordered better game balls than we had last year.
Uniforms – Kaylynn Poplawski
- Danelle asks what size pinnies to use for tryouts. Ones we ordered this year are too big for U11 and U12. Kaylynn suggests youth sizes.
- Pinnies for keepers -- Darcy has some leftover and will give them to Kaylynn.
- Will use SCORE again for uniforms. Will only need to do try-on during MOD Skills Clinic Tu/Th since using same company and style of jersey. Likely will do Gold jerseys.
- Jesse states we have a donation bin for parents who don’t want to keep their previous years uniforms.
- Discussed doing Jersey for coaches, coaches present said no, not worn. Maybe do Tshirt?
- Uniform handout at August meeting. Order date will be late-June. Kaylynn will tell Diedre what the date is.
- Seattle Mist - complaints about coaches behavior and language. Danelle states district is creating a stricter policy. If there is confrontation with coach call Milton Police if escaltes. If not call Tom and report it, he will be the one to call the police if needed. It is a public field. Was also an issue where one of Mist players ran into a 9 year old and they were hurt. Not maliciously, but still dangerous.
- Suggested we put “suggested tournaments” on the website. Maybe something better than what is there now. Maybe specify the level of play for each tournament.
For the Good of the Game:
Motion to Adjourn – Dale Speaks
2nd – Nick de la Cruz
Adjourned 8:29 pm
Next Meeting is Coaches BBQ : Wednesday, June 17th, 2015
Members Present: Tom Kolokithas (Pres, BU13 Shockwave), Travis Hull (VP, GU7 Blast, GU11 Pumas), Jenn Killmer (Secretary, GU8 Dragonflies, BU10 Sharks, GU12 Storm, BU18 Extreme), Diedre Feinaur (Registrar, BU10 Sharks), Danelle Rempfer (Games, GU13 Fusion 01, GU15 Renegades), Darcy Hobbs (Training, BU12 Xtreme), Bobbie de la Cruz (Asst Reg, BU12 Xtreme), Jesse Poplawski (BU7 Chaos, GU11 Pumas), Kaylynn Poplawski (Uniforms, GU11 Pumas), Nick de la Cruz (Fields, BU12 Xtreme), Dale Speakes (Webmaster, BU12 Fireballs), Sharon Hemphill (BU14 & BU16 Xtreme), Kelly Rettko (GU12 Fusion), Nate Moore (GU13 Fusion, GU15 Renegades)
Please excuse any incorrect spellings of names. ☺