Czech and Slovak Club Tauranga Inc.
Committee Meeting Minutes
Date: 2nd April 2017
Venue: TBC Tauranga Boys’ College, Cameron Road, Tauranga.
Present: Dana Dunford (DD), , Kamila Lyons (KL), Aja Hansen (AH) , Klára Luxford-Rulíšek(KLR) left 12:57, Jana Benfell (JBf), Lenka Hejduková (LH), Petr Faitl (PF), Lucie Brooks (LB), Eva Frith (EF), Kateřina Fleková (KF), Petr Faitl (PF) - present for first 30 min
Apologies: Linda Foukalova.
Meeting opened: 12:23 Meeting closed: 13:02
Minutes from previous meeting moved by: were not discussed
Points to be discussed
Status [O/C] When
- Introducing new members
EF, KF, LB
- Summary of past event: Multicultural
Financials are still to be finalised, overall very successful event with good turnout and support
- Summary of past event: Andersen
Great new venue, 10 children present.
4a. Upcoming events
- 17.4. (Monady)Velikonoce
- 29.4 (Saturday) Paleni carodejnic
- 30.4 Sausage sizzle
- 13 & 14. 5. (Saturday, Sunday) Conference Tauranga
- 21.5 (Sunday) ? AGM
- Playgroup / School
- Costume t-shirts from Czech Republic to be bought by Linda in May, when she is over there. We can use some of the MOE grant dedicated for costumes. We have $400 dedicated.
- Katerina Flekova will cover Klara’s leave on 9/4.
- Incoming: Hana Fladerova contract for Czech teacher signed and sent, is in legal folder. - discussed briefly
- Incoming: Book and DVD “Bytí” . Unsolicited. Thanks for the gift, will be in library.
- Outgoing: reference Alzbeta Mikesova
- Outgoing: contract teacher MZV
- Financial Report
- JBf reported that she is happy to continue to proceed with Charities financial end of year, but day to day finances need to go to someone else. LB offered to step in.
- It was agreed by all that Lucie Brooks will be added as a signatory for the club bank account, so she can take over the day to day accounting from this April.
- It was agreed by all committee, that committee member Petr Faitl will be added as a signatory, so he can help updating payments received for event tickets sales.
- DD will make an appointment at Kiwibank.
- Upcoming Events: Easter
- Witches burning/concert
- Ski Camp
- Easter - venue is booked, online registration are live. We need organised shopping and supervision of activities. Get resources from the storage cabinet on Sunday 9/4/2017. JBf will make the dough for Jidase.
- Roydons down is booked. Also enquiry sent to Chris to book TBC in case of bad weather for a change of venue. Tickets sales are open online.
- Conference - would be great if the school children did a presentation and opening of the conference. Nicole Dunford volunteers but DD would like to hear from parents of children interested to have a short speech in Czech or Slovak language 13.5 . We can have two or three speakers perhaps?
- Ski camp booking request sent to Scouts Lodge, David Jupp. Requested Fr, Sat, Sun night @25 August. Event will be posted by the end of April and time for past goers to book first. Payments need to be in by the end of May. We can enquire about hut next door if the capacity is exceeded.
10b Events general discussion
- We had a general discussion to gather opinions whether and what new events the club should organize. As we are aware that there may be people who are interested in adult only events, such as cinema, meet at the pub evenings, BBQ, wildebeest feast or goulash party. If there is anyone interested in organizing such events, the club can provide some financial security and promotion of the event> get in touch.
- Most of the events aimed at children are partially supported from grants received, and most of the vocational events break even. The school is run from grants, and our vision is to make the school affordable to all families, therefore we do not plan to increase parents donations.
- AH is in touch with a Vladka Kennett from Queenstown consulate, regarding a possible sharing of the next movie festival.
- LH shared half of library books with LB
- Fundraising for costumes, Sunday 30 April: Contact KLR.
- Bunnings did not reply.
- Fundraising for winter and summer South Island camps Mitre 10 mega Sunday early May to be booked on 14 April. Contact DD.
- Lucie Brooks become a committee member. Lucie agreed to help out with Grant admin and library and accepted nomination for a Treasurer position.
- Eva Frith, become committee member responsible for organising events - Events coordinator.
- All present members of committee voted unanimously to accept LB and EF as committee members with above role titles.
16. Committee positions at upcoming AGM
- The role of President, Treasurer and Secretary will be vacant at the upcoming AGM in May. We heard summary of President role from DD - checking email on regular basis and responding to them - mainly to be a contact for MZV ČR and other institution. This role can be as small or as big as anyone wants it to be, but it is vital that it gets filled in May, otherwise the Club can’t operate.
- Secretary role Calling meetings and prepare general agenda of the club meetings, writes meeting minutes if present at the meeting. Looks after members’ register.