EAST BUCHANAN MIDDLE SCHOOL / HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, February 27, 2017
Today is Day 1 of the 6-Day Cycle
- Congratulations to Samantha Fults for earning a I rating at district speech on Saturday. She advances to the state contest held on March 11 in Forest City.
- Congratulations on a great season to the Robotics team! The Higgs Bozos finished pool play at 3-3 and tied with 8 teams for 9th position in the 24 team group. They were not selected for the elimination rounds however. Their finish however easily puts them among the Top 10% of all teams in the entire state. A great accomplishment!
- There will be an optional Robotics meeting Tuesday after school to have some fun and put away equipment for the season.
- The Little Bucs Wrestling Club sent 7 boys down to Des Moines for AAU State Wrestling. All 7 showed grit and determination! Results: Carter Wilgenbusch-6th, Clay Wilgenbusch-8th, Caleb Dierks- DNP, Cody Fox-2nd, TJ Lau- 5th, AJ Kremer-DNP and Luke Recker- DNP. Great job Bucs!!
- GREAT numbers today at Quickness and Agility! Erica Hoffman, Olivia Donlea, Brock Naber, Trey Johnson, Lukas Recker, Alex Hackett, Heath Weber, Braydon Nunemaker, James Mossman, Nathan Schmitt, Ryan Schmitt, Dylan Kress, Jake Ohl, Ben Hesner, Keegan Wilgenbusch, Owen Reck, Nolan Meyer, Taylor Fox, Riley Reck, and Landon Nunemaker all made themselves better athletes this morning!
- HS Girl’s & Boy’s Golf: Please sign up in the office.
- HS Girl’s & Boy’s Track: Please sign up in the office.
- We are ramping up the workouts in Quickness and Agility on Monday and Thursdays! All students at E.B. are welcome! Remember, “You earn your right to win games with effort and toughness. The games honor toughness.” –Brad Stevens
- Attention Baseball Players: Graphic Edge orders are due to Coach Van Scoyoc by March 1st. Checks can be made payable to East Buchanan Community Schools.
- All Juniors and your parents: There will be a Financial Aid Meeting on Monday, March 6th at 7:00pm in the LMC. The presentation covers the following topics:
- Financial Aid Process
- FAFSA Application Review
- FSA Id
- Understanding FAFSA Results
- Understanding Costs – College Comparisons
- Financial Aid Options
- Scholarships Process
- Where to Go for Help
- Baseball workouts will be on Sundays from 2pm to 3pm for grades 2nd through 6th and 3pm-4pm for 7th through 12th grade. Bring a glove and tennis shoes. Older guys, if you want to come early to help with the younger kids, that would be appreciated.
- SENIORS: Mrs. Goedken needs a senior picture for the newspaper along with your senior profile. She also needs a baby picture for the senior video. If you have pictures from elementary and middle school for the senior video, please get them to her as well.
- We want your bottles & cans!
The EB Mexico Trip is collecting cans to help with trip costs.
There is an open account at M & C Redemption in Winthrop, so you can drop your cans & bottles off & ask them to put them toward the EB Mexico Trip, you can leave your cans & bottles outside M & C with EB Mexico Trip written on your bags, or we can do a pick up if you contact the HS at 319-935-3367 to arrange a time with Mrs. Huegel.
We would appreciate your donations! ¡Gracias!
SPECIAL ATTENTION FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
Thanks to the E.B Fine Arts Department, our school has acquired a new baby grand piano that was previously at the Pipac Center in Cedar Falls from the AEA 267. If any of you are interested in seeing it or playing it some, feel free to stop down to the Elementary Music room as we will be storing it there until the completion of our new stage. This way it will be kept in a room with a constant temperature to maintain the condition of the piano as well as away from the future construction area. This is going to be a terrific addition for concerts, graduations, and any other events that a piano may be needed for when using the stage.
2017 EAST BUCHANAN GALA, Saturday, March 18th
Please contact Michelle Schmitt at (563) 920-2919, Janie Walthart at (319) 961-0457 or Dawn Biggs at (319) 202-4051 for tickets and/or donations. Your support for the Athletic & Fine Arts Boosters is greatly appreciated.
College Representatives: (Notify the office if interested)
Feb. 27 – Goulash, spinach salad, baby carrots, bread/marg., fruit, milk
Feb. 28 – Hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes, corn, bread/marg., fruit, milk
March 1 – Macaroni & cheese, egg salad sandwich, carrot coins, fruit, milk
March 2 - Chicken patty sandwich, baked french fries, broccoli, fruit, milk
March 3 - Fish fillet, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, bread/marg., fruit, milk
(Please note that Varsity basketball games and all wrestling meets will begin at 6:00 p.m. unless noted.)
Feb 27 7:00pm TRV MS Vocal Fest @ Maq Valley Bus Departs: 12:40 Dismiss Students: 12:30
Feb 28 9:00am Mr. Reck’s Class FT Character Counts @ Oelwein Bus Departs: 9:05
Mar 2 1:30 Early Dismissal
Mar 2 1:30 MS/HS PD
Mar 4 7:00pm EB Variety Show
Mar 6 7:00pm Financial Aid Night, Juniors and Parents in LMC
Mar 8 5:00 School Board Meeting