Frequently Asked Questions in Renaming of Google Accounts to Londonderry.org
Table of Contents
(click on any topic below and then click the link that appears)
What does renaming our accounts to londonderry.org mean? 1
Directions for most staff: 1
Directions for staff that get a message indicating they already have an account with the same londonderry.org ending 2
Directions for staff with Noodletools 2
Directions for Staff with multiple Google Accounts logged into their computer or at home with multiple family/school Google accounts 3
Can I still receive email to my username @londonderryapps.org? 3
Accessing my Google Sites created under londonderryapps.org 3
Staff signed up for google groups 4
What does renaming our accounts to londonderry.org mean?
- If something is shared with you in your Google Apps account and an email alert is sent to you, it will now go directly to your Outlook inbox. No longer will staff have to check both a Gmail inbox and an Outlook inbox for emails, notices, alerts sent from others from a district Google Resource. This will improve communication between staff sharing resources as well as students with teachers.
- Your resources you created in Google Drive and other Google Apps will remain unaffected and will still be shared to whomever you shared it to.
Directions for most staff:
- Go to Drive.google.com and be sure to log out completely, if not already logged out.
- Click Sign in and login with your Londonderry email address (ie firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your Google Apps password is still the same. Contact email@example.com or the IT dept if you do not know your password or for a password change.
Directions for staff that get a message indicating they already have an account with the same londonderry.org ending
- Go to drive.google.com and log out completely.
- Click to sign in
- You will get a message saying “There is another account associated with this email address…..”
- It will ask if you are trying to log into a Business/Organization account or an individual one, choose Business/Organization which is the Londonderry School District Organization account we created for you.
- If it asks what you would like to do with the other account, you can either delete it or rename it to a Gmail.com ending address.
Directions for staff with Noodletools
- When you go to Noodletools, it will recognize your newly renamed Google account ending in londonderry.org if…
- You go to the waffle and choose the Noodletools icon
- You go to noodletools.com and choose login with Google account.
- It will no longer work with the direct link for staff ending in londonderryapps.org and they are making new direct links for us instead that we will send out soon.
Directions for Staff with multiple Google Accounts logged into their computer or at home with multiple family/school Google accounts
- If using chrome:
- If using something like Internet Explorer or Safari:
- Choose another browser like Mozilla, Safari or chrome and then follow the directions as the top
- Contact IT for help (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Can I still receive email to my username @londonderryapps.org?
- Yes. Your @londonderryapps.org address will still remain as an alias that can receive incoming communications sent to it. Those will only go to your Google Inbox and not to Outlook.
Accessing my Google Sites created under londonderryapps.org
- Go to Sites.google.com
- In the address bar, add “apps” after londonderry and before .org and hit enter
Staff signed up for google groups
- If you are signed up for a Google Email group, it should accept your email still work except for a few special situations.
- If you are one of those special situations where the email list no longer accepts your account info, contact the manager of the email list and have them re-add your username as your londonderry.org email address or contact email@example.com for assistance