SALT Program Description
Be fully equipped for a career in adventure ministry or a related field through this structured program that combines leadership and skills development with real-life ministry experience, for a summer of personal impact and formation. Join a close-knit team of program students led by staff committed to your personal development and support.
- Receive six weeks of extensive, industry-standard training focused on adventure ministry, wilderness leadership, and faith formation.
- Lead a four-week adventure ministry program for high school students, including facilitating an 8-day wilderness trip.
- Lead a three-week, wilderness-based freshman orientation program for incoming college students, including facilitating a 9-day wilderness trip.
- WFR (Wilderness First Responder) certification
- ACA (American Canoe Association) Coastal Sea Kayaking or ACA River Canoeing skills certification
- $995 program fee for six weeks of training and four weeks of practicum. This fee includes all certifications and room/board for the entire summer.
- Program students are given the opportunity to get paid $220/week to lead wilderness programming in August (for a total of four weeks).
- SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE. If you’re interested, but money is an issue, email email@example.com for more information on how we can help you.