Students can access the Glossary under the Tools button, which you can use to give definitions to terms or phrases that pertain to your course.
Viewing the Glossary:
- Navigate into your course shell and click on the Tools button that is located on the left hand side of your screen.
- Scroll down the next page and click on Glossary.
Adding Terms into the Glossary:
There are two ways to add terms into the glossary. The first way is to Create a Term. To do so:
- Click on Create Term while on the Glossary page.
- On the next page, fill in the Term and Definition fields. When you have finished press Submit.
- After pressing Submit, your term will be added into the course Glossary. You should see a green confirmation bar if the operation was successful.
Downloading/Uploading the Glossary:
To download the current Glossary of your course:
- Hover your cursor over the Upload/Download button and select Download Glossary.
- The next page will explain that the glossary file has been generated and is ready for download. To download the file now, press Download. Your browser will prompt you to download it.
The second way to add terms is to upload an existing glossary into your course:
- Hover your cursor over the Upload/Download button and select Upload Glossary.
- Locate the file. It can be either local (Browse My Computer) or stored on the Content Collection.
- Choose whether you want to add the file into the current glossary or if you want to delete the current glossary and replace it with the file you are uploading.
- Press Submit. The file should have been uploaded and you should see a green confirmation bar at the top of your screen.