Basil Thai Noodles
2 Thai Kitchen Instant Rice Noodle Soup packets (I like Spring Onion but any flavor will do)
2 carrots, chopped*
1 cup chopped cabbage*
1 cup packed basil
1 garlic clove
3 sun dried tomatoes
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp. fish sauce
2 tsp. wheat free tamari
*Or any veggies you have on hand. As usual, I just used what I had in the fridge tonight.
- In a food processor, blend the basil, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and olive oil. Put aside.
- Spray a large saute pan with cooking spray and saute the carrots and cabbage until tender.
- Stir in the fish sauce and soy sauce.
- Add the noodles, 1 packet of seasoning (save the other packet and the oil packets for another day), and the water. Turn up the heat to medium-high so the noodles cook through. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are tender and the water is cooked out.
- Add the basil mixture in and stir.
- In another pan, scramble 2 eggs. Add to the noodles and stir in.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Find the original recipe at The Daily Dietribe.