SLOKC General Meeting Minutes
Open Meeting: 7:09pm at Panera Bread in San Luis Obispo, CA by Carrie
Introductions & members in attendance: (Attendance Sheet)
Robin Blackburn, Mary Brown, Karyn Convertini, Janell Fleenor, Carrie Muir, and Jennifer Nowell.
- Review and approve 1/25/17 minutes. Jennifer moved to accept, Robin seconded. Approved.
Past Show Business:
Next Show Business: May 13-14, 2017
- Church kids for help - no update, Susan is contact point.
- We will rent the truck, and put it under Susan’s name for pickup
- Mary Brown - update from 4H associate regarding bait fundraising opportunity. No update, 4H hasn’t had a meeting because of rain. Will update next meeting
- ASCA Event - update from Trina - TBD
- Ice cream “Sunday” - approval/okay from club? Robin moved to approve, Karyn seconded. Board approved
- Stewards: Need 5, because have 5 judges
- Volunteer: Karyn Convertini, Mary Brown, Jennifer Nowell
- Paid: Kathleen Soars, Ginny Bryant
- We will have 6 rings total
- 2 inside that are always running
- 1 inside that will be used for owner/handler
- 3 outside that are always running
- Best and reserve Juniors
- National Owner Handler
- TBD on Rhodesians, will ask Julie how late order can be for rosettes, and will base it on number of entries because it’s a supported entry
- Karyn: calling for trophies tomorrow [Wednesday]
- Best in Show chair backs: Monica can’t do it this year, we will be locating an alternate option
- Robin: Expecting to send out Judge’s Welcome Letters by April 1st. Going to add that if they fly in, they should fly to SBP airport
- Option to look for provisional judges brought up: should offer $3 a dog to round out judge numbers
- Janell brought up creating a Member’s page on the website. Will be considered at next board meeting.
- Janell is to be added to the SLOKC Facebook page, and will help monitor interactions, and will post meetings and show as “events” to remind members and interest new people
Next Meeting: Wednesday, March 22nd at El Camino Vets Hospital in Atascadero
Close Meeting: 8:20pm by Carrie
Minute Taker: Secretary Janell Fleenor