UCLA Student Organization Event Checklist for
Schoenberg Hall & Jan Popper Theater
For general information concerning our facilities, please visit us at Schoenberg Theaters.
UCLA Student Organizations are allowed to rent our theaters (there are facility, labor, and equipment fees) for approved events by their UCLA Student Organization’s SOLE advisor. Below are the steps you should take in completing this process:
- Consult with your UCLA Student Organization’s SOLE advisor before moving forward
- Check availability for the date(s) you are looking to reserve by consulting our venue calendars:
- Complete the online Event Questionnaire for each day (including any prep/rehearsal/tech days) you are reserving. An estimated cost for your event will be based on the answers you provide.
- To CONFIRM the date(s) of your event, a signed RCO agreement will be required thru the UCLA Events Office (a UCLA Events Office manager will be assigned to your event) for the following non-refundable deposits per day:
- $1000/day for Schoenberg Hall
- $750/day for Popper Theater
A requirement and deadline to sign the RCO agreement will be requested shortly after you make the reservation with or without an estimate provided.
Four weeks prior to the first day of your event in our venue you must comply with the following:
- Final Deposits: The remaining monies (or promise thereof) for the full estimate of costs for your event to be secured thru an RCO agreement with the UCLA Events Office. (The Events Office will require that payment of the full estimate amount is received no later than 5 business days before the group’s first day in the theater. This includes payment from any campus funding source. Payment types include a Student Government purchase order, a SOLE recharge order, or a check from the student group made out to the UC Regents).
- Timeline of your Event: A complete timeline of each day you are using our venue (arrival, rehearsal, technical rehearsal, etc).
- Special Event Liability Insurance: A certificate of insurance is required to cover all of your days in our venue. You can obtain this insurance thru the following link: RCO Event Liability Insurance
- Tickets: Tickets are required for all events (including free events) in Schoenberg Hall. All ticketing must go thru the UCLA Central Ticket Office (no exceptions). For assistance, contact Raymond Mesa directly at UCLA CTO. Tickets are not required for Jan Popper Theater at this time, however, an RSVP system of your choosing is.
- EOL: An Events On Line application must be completed by a signatory of your organization.
- Filming/Taping: Archival filming/taping of your event does not require a filming permit; however, on the EOL, you must check the box ‘Film/video/photos will be taken’. All other use of filming/taping footage does require a permit and must be secured through the UCLA Events Office.
If you have any questions concerning this instruction sheet, please contact us at email@example.com