2018-19 NDHSAA Cross Country Regulations
No new regulations for the 2018 season.
- The beginning date of the season is set by the Board.
- The date for the first allowable meet is set by the Board.
- There shall be at least 9 daily practice sessions prior to the first meet. Individual participants must have participated in at least 9 daily practice sessions before being permitted to participate in an interscholastic contest.
- The season ends with the State Cross-Country Meet.
- The State Cross Country Meet shall be a 5000 meter run for both boys and girls.
- There shall be a three hour window between start times of the A & B State Cross Country Meets with start times to be decided by the tournament management and the NDHSAA office.
- Pets are not allowed on the state tournament course except for documented service animals.
- Each individual participant is limited to competing in two cross-country meets per calendar week.
- Cross-country participants cannot compete on two consecutive days.
- 7th, 8th and 9th grade students involved in cross country may compete at either the junior high or senior high level the entire season but may not compete in more than two meets per week.