Makes 4 servings or 8 tastings
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound local spinach (or braising greens)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- In a large pot, heat olive oil.
- Stir in the garlic and cook over medium heat until lightly golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach leaves in large handfuls, allowing each batch to wilt slightly before adding more.
- Season the spinach with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until the leaves are softened and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with the lemon zest and serve right away.