This guide is intended for team managers in the Marin Soccer League and describes the steps required to perform a number of common tasks, including viewing and printing a team roster, adding a player to a team roster, and requesting and paying for a player card.
All the actions below require first logging in to the new US Club site:
- Go to: http://www.usclubsoccer.org.
- Click “LOGIN” at the top.
- Enter your username and password. (If you do not have a password, select “FORGOT PASSWORD” from the menu in the upper right to send an email to yourself that will reset the password. If your email is not registered, contact Frank or Ben and we will create an account for you.)
- Click “Manage” to the right of the soccer ball and the giant “MARIN SOCCER LEAGUE” text.
Once you are logged in and selected the Marin Soccer League organization you can perform tasks described below.
Viewing and Printing a Team Roster
- Click “TEAMS” tab from the top page.
- Find your team in the list and click on the team name which is a link to the rosters. (Not the EDIT button, which is used to do things like rename the team.) (You can either scroll/page down or enter part of your team name in the filter box.)
- Select the “Official Roster”, which should have your players on it.
- Select “Print”, and you should get a pdf displayed that you can send to your printer.
Adding Player That Is Already Registered in the League to Your Team Roster
- Warning: DO NOT use the “ADD PLAYER” button on the players tab for your team for this! That button adds creates a new registration entry for a player that is not in the league database, and we will end up with unwanted duplicate player entries if you do this.
- Go to the “Rosters” tab.
- Select the “Official” roster for your team.
- Enter the player’s last name in the “Filters” box and select “Go” to display the existing player entry.
- Click the “Add” button next to the player to add them to your roster.
Adding a player to your team that is already on another team
- The same player is allowed to be on an O40 and O50 team, here’s a description of how to do it: http://support.kyck.com/knowledgebase/players-on-multiple-teams/
Registering a New Player With the League
- First verify this player does not already have a registered entry using the page from the “Rosters” tab as described in the section above!
- To add a new player to the league you will need a photo and the signed insurance waiver as computer files. (Blank waiver form is here: http://www.usclubsoccer.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/R002-A-Adult-Player-Registration-Form.doc)
- Go to the Player tab for your team.
- Select the “Add Player” button.
- Fill in Name, Email, Phone, and Birthday (double check these to make sure they are correct.)
- Proceed to the “Requesting Player Cards” instructions below.
Requesting Player Cards
- Select the “Cards” tab.
- Select “Request Cards for players and staff” link.
- If the player does not have a photo and waiver uploaded, there will be a red “X” under the “Required Items” column - in this case select “View” to go to the player page, and upload the Photo and the Medical Waiver. (Upload the Medical Waiver twice - once as “Proof of Birth”, and once as “Medical Waiver”. You are stating that you believe the player is the age stated on the waiver!)
- Make sure all players you want to request cards for have a green check mark instead of a red X!
- Select the check box next to the players you want to request a card for.
- Select Request Cards button at the bottom and provide credit card to pay $25 per player fee.
- Wait for US Club to approve the player - this can take several days.
Printing Player Cards
- Select the “Cards” tab.
- Click on the link that says: “Print Cards for player and staff that have them”.
- Either “PRINT ALL CARDS” with the button at the bottom, or print one card at a time with the “PRINT” button on each player’s line. (There is apparently currently no way to select a subset of the cards to print.)
- Print the PDF page and cut out and laminate the player cards.
Removing a Player from Your Roster
- Select the “Players” tab.
- Click the “Manager Rosters” button (NOT the Rosters tab across the top!).
- In the “Official Roster” list, find the player and click the little blue “X” to release them to the open pool of players.
How to Access the Site Using Your Own Email as Login
- You must have an account set up. (All managers from previous seasons have them.) If you don’t have one, contact the league web manager.
- Use the “Forgot Login” option and enter your email address. An email message will be sent to you that will allow you to reset your password.
- If you are logged in as another user and are having trouble logging out to get to the “Forgot Password” screen, see the item below.
How to Logout of a User so You Can Switch to a Different One
- Select the “Create Account” option from the menu in the upper right.
- “Signout” again - this should take you to the screen where you can enter login user/password or use the “Forgot Password” button.
- Sometimes when adding players to a team through the rosters tab, players will not appear in the open player list on the left if they are on any other teams in the club. To add a player to a team through the rosters tab, make sure that they have been removed from all other teams first. If you have players that are on multiple teams, you can add a player to a second team if you go to the players tab at the team level. Click the "new player" button, and put the email address associated with the player in the email field (even if it is an @kyckfake.com email). The player's name will populate on the right side of the page in blue in a “Choose Player” box. Click their name to autocomplete the rest of the form, and submit. Adding players through the players tab WILL allow players to be on multiple teams.
- You can not logout of a user - when you hit logout, and then hit the login button it returns you to the old user instead of offering a chance to enter a different email/password. To fix this see the item in the “how-to” list above.
- If you have the maximum number of players (26) if you try to add any more it will not add them, but not give an error. It just silently fails.
- Sometimes when you an insurance waiver form it seems to go up, but when you return to the page it is gone. You can upload the waiver into the Proof-of-Birth file location, and “certify present” the waiver form to get the player in a state where you can request a card.
- Sometimes players show up on the player list, but when you go into “manager roster”, they don’t show there. This can sometimes be caused because for some people there are more than one entry in the database, and if you get two different entries for the same player on your team the system gets confused. To fix this remove that player from all the rosters that you can find them on, and then add back the entry you want a single time. (If you have trouble with this contact the Marin Soccer League support person for help.)
- Sometimes this multiple entry problem can show up by telling you that there are 26 players on the team when only 25 show on the lists. This is apparently a problem with a duplicate player entry, but there is no easy way to fix it from our interface. Until the Kyck.com people correct the problem you will have to work around this - the easiest way to just to keep your weekly roster to 25 players. There is no problem with moving a player that is not going to be at the game off your roster, and then moving them back for the next week. No data is lost like on the previous US Club website.
- There have been instances where an invalid email address for a player prevents uploaded photos or documents from staying. There is no error, the files just don’t stay associated with the player. To fix this update the email address to a valid one.
- Sometimes the site crashes with an error like “Redirect loop detected”. To fix this reload the site and navigate back to where you were. It does not seem to always occur at the same place. If it repeatedly happens at the same place please report exactly what you were doing and we’ll pass the issue on to Kyck.com.
- When trying to pay for cards a “Processor Decline” message appeared and the purchase does not go through. This appears to be a problem on the US Club site that has been fixed, but if you see it report it to the Marin Soccer League web support person.
- Photo’s don’t print on the passcard. Kyck.com said this can happen if the image file is too large. You can try uploading a smaller image file. There has been at least one case where the size of the file didn’t matter and it appears to be a problem on the website. To work around this print the card without the photo and bring it and the players photo ID for the ref to the game. (There is no need to laminate this temporary work around card.) Please report this problem to the Marin Soccer League webmaster.