“Go Solar at Home”
(Last Updated: 1/27/2015)
“Go Solar at Home” (GSH) - The next step in expanding the use of solar in Plano and North Texas!
Plano Solar Advocates will trial a new project which is modeled after the very successful “Bring Solar Home” campaign from Solar San Antonio. (See www.bringsolarhome.com)
Primary goal - To connect homeowners and small businesses (GSH-Participants) thinking about or ready to install solar with local qualified solar installers (GSH-Companies).
- GSH-Participants will be educated and pre-screened, with the goal of providing more successful sales leads
- GSH-Companies will be pre-screened to ensure a quality group of solar installers
- Each GSH-Participant will be connected with three GSH-Companies who provide their own independent solar installation quotes
- Three GSH-Companies will rotate with each new GSH-Participant ensuring equal sales lead opportunities
- Will target Plano residents via outreach initially, but will be available to nearby cities in the trial period
- Help GSH-Participants make the first move
- Leverage prior PSA recognition from Solarize Programs to help expand sales leads
- During the trial period (through summer/fall 2015) leads will be provided at no charge. Initially, leads will be tracked via free online SW/Apps. If the project proves successful then we will consider the following steps to keep the project sustainable for a longer period beyond 2015.
- Similar to what Solar San Antonio did with their Bring Solar Home program - A small lead fee will be introduced
- If a system is installed by one of the 3 quoted companies, a small per watt fee will be applicable
- CRM App(s) (ex SalesForce) may be introduced to streamline the process
- The number of GSH-Companies may be increased to provide more opportunity to both companies and participants
- Area will be expanded to more North Texas cities to increase potential sales leads
If your company is interested in this opportunity, please complete the online company signup form here: GSH Company Signup
We will contact you to set up a time for a short interview. From there we will determine eligibility for the pilot project. Our goal for the pilot project is to have 6-10 committed companies. There is no long term formal commitment, so at any time, you can withdraw from the pilot project if it does not meet your expectations.
Plano Solar Advocates Bob Litwins and Larry Howe