Cultural Exchange Day at Bendigo Senior Secondary College Confucius Classroom
Suzhou Industrial Park and Bendigo Primary Schools
5th Nov, 2014
Participating schools and Grouping
- Kangaroo: Quarry Hill PS, Lockwood South PS, Marong PS, Specimen Hill PS
- Kookaburra: Camp Hill PS, Maiden Gully PS
- Platypus: Spring Gully PS, Epsom PS
- Koala: White Hills PS, Golden Square PS, Huntly PS
- Emu: Kangaroo Flat PS, Eaglehawk North PS, Kennington PS
- All PS students will be divided into 5 groups with a number of 26-28 students in each class.
- Each class is named after a native animal.
- Each student will be given a card with their class name and activity schedule.
- There will be 5 activities running and each session will run 35 minutes with 5 minutes to change.
- There will be 5 sessions of time, plus a 15 minutes recess and a 40 minutes lunch time.
- Lunch will be provided by BSSC in the Rosalind Park.
- Students are advised to bring some snack and a bottle of water.
- The dumpling fillings will include pork, green onion, water chestnuts. The lunch will include cocktail frankfurts, chocolate biscuits, white loaf fairy bread, zooper dooper ice blocks, Yum cha pastries, spring rolls, sausages rolls, party pies, and water. If any of your students are allergic to the above food, please remind them to bring their own lunch.
- All activities will be run in the Language Centre.
- Each activity will have an instructor from BSSC together with some international students and a teacher from primary schools to assist.
- Each student will be given a participation certificate.
- Parents will be invited to join the presentation.
Activities & venues
This is a specific timetable for one of the groups. Different group will have different timetable. Students will know their specific timetable on the day.
Mini Chinese Lesson
Chinese & Australian Game and Song
Room L5 & open space
Chinese Cooking - Dumplings
LC open space
- Presentation-Suzhou and participating students (Chinese & Australian songs learned on the day), Certificate presentation & photo taking –Language Centre