Pigeon Forge High School
Room Number(s): Room 106 & Gym
- Pruitt, Allegrante, and Prothrow-Stith. (2010). Health. Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Students are required to wear appropriate clothing and shoes for gym days (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday). Students should bring pencil, paper, and textbook to class on classroom days (Tuesday and Thursday).
1st 6 Weeks
- Chapter 1 Making Healthy Decisions
- Chapter 2-3 Personality, Self-Esteem, & Emotions; Managing Stress
- Chapter 4-5 Mental Disorders & Suicide; Family Relationships
2nd 6 Weeks
- Chapter 8 Food & Nutrition
- Chapter 15 Alcohol
- Chapter 16 Tobacco
- Chapter 17 Preventing Drug Abuse
- Chapter 22 Sexually Transmitted Diseases
3rd 6 Weeks
- Handouts on Body Parts & Systems
- Joints, Tendons, Ligaments, Fractures, Injuries, etc.
10 points will be deducted from the participation grade each time a student does not dress out for a gym day.
- Per Sevier County Board of Education policy, daily grades will count as two-thirds of a student’s final average while test grades will count as the final one-third. Deductions will be made for unexcused absences and tardies. The semester exam will count as 20% of the student’s final grade for the course when averaged with the grades from each marking period. Progress reports are distributed at the three week point of each six weeks grading period.
Parental Access to Instructional Materials
- Pursuant to Tennessee Code 49-6-7003, parents or guardians may request access to any teaching materials, instructional materials, and other teaching aids used in the classroom as well as any tests developed or graded by the teacher. In order to facilitate this request, parents/guardians are asked to submit a request for such review via letter, email, or phone conversation prior to an established meeting for said review.