Belize Tourism Board World Post Day Program Official Rules
How it works
- Mail the Belize Tourism Board a postcard from your city between October 9, 2016 and November 9, 2016. Mail must be postmarked on or before November 9, 2016.
- Address postcards to:
Belize Tourism Board
Attn. World Post Day
P.O. Box 325
Belize City, Belize
- The Belize Tourism Board will choose one winner at random on November 23, 2016 and mail them a postcard informing them that they have won a free trip.
Prizing Details Include
- One trip for two people to Belize; includes the following:
- 5 days/4 night stay in Belize
- Round trip airfare for two people (limited to U.S. residents only, flying from a major airport in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States)
- 4-night stay in a hotel in Belize (one shared room with a 3-star rating or above; to be determined by Sponsor)
Dates to Travel
- March 1, 2017 – November 30, 2017 (black out dates will be determined by Sponsor once hotel partner has been confirmed)
- Winners must work with the Belize Tourism Board and partner agency to coordinate and book travel before February 28, 2017, otherwise the trip will be forfeited.
- Eligibility: The Belize Tourism Board World Post Day Program is open only to residents of the forty-eight contiguous (48) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, agents and their support staff and representatives of the Belize Tourism Board ("Sponsor"), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion/fulfillment agencies, and anyone else connected with the production and distribution of this Program (hereafter, collectively, "Released Parties") and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win.
- Sponsor: The Program is sponsored by the Belize Tourism Board, P.O. Box 325, Belize City, Belize.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Program begins on October 9, 2016, and ends at 12:00 AM CT on November 9, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). Postcard entries must be postmarked between October 9, 2016 and November 9, 2016 in order to be deemed a valid entry.
- How to Enter: Mail a postcard from your city to this address: P.O. Box 325, Belize City, Belize. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same postcard. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) Entry by sending multiple postcards, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Program.
- Content Requirements: Your postcard must not: (a) violate any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (b) depict or describe any risky or offensive behavior or contain images that are obscene, defamatory, profane, offensive, lewd, pornographic, false, misleading, or deceptive; or (c) have been entered in any other contest. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entry for any reason. By submitting a postcard, you represent and warrant that: (a) the postcard is mailed on your behalf; (b) you purchased the postcard legitimately and own all rights to the post copy; (c) the postcard has appropriate prepaid postage; and (d) the Entry complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
- Drawing: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of total unique entries. If Sponsor, in sole discretion, deems that a postcard does not comply with these Official Rules or is otherwise inappropriate to post, Sponsor may reject that Entry and select another.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will send a return postcard to the potential winner’s home address with instructions on how to claim the prize. Please note it may take up to 14 days for mail to be delivered from Belize to the United States.
- Prize: One (1) winner will receive the following: round trip airfare for two people (2), four (4) nights at a hotel in Belize, all to be determined by Sponsor. The approximate retail value of each prize is up to $4,000 USD. Contestant may need to provide appropriate identification to prove age in order to redeem. Winner must be at least 21 to redeem. Travel must be booked by February 28, 2017, and travel must take place between March 1, 2017 – November 30, 2017.
Actual value of the Prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Trip subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round-trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made by Sponsor in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Certain travel restrictions may apply. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passport fees, travel insurance fees, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of the Winner.
Travel must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to Winner.
- General Conditions: Winner is responsible for any federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of prize not specified as covered as part of prize herein, including, without limitation, meals, luggage fees, gratuities and insurance. Potential Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release within two (2) days of date of issuance of notification. Winner’s traveling companion must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least twenty-one (21) years of age) at date of departure and will be required to sign and return a Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release prior to the issuance of travel documents.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, damaged, garbled, stolen, undelivered or misdirected mail, insufficient postage, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections including those through social network sites; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's property resulting from participation in this Program; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Program-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, network, human, technical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in connection with the administration of the Program, the processing of entries or registrations, the announcement of the prize or in any other Program-related materials. The use of automated entry or similar devices or other means to subvert the entry process is prohibited and entries through such prohibited means are void. By entering this Program, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor via telephone, e-mail and through relevant channels for Program purposes only.
Non-compliance with the foregoing or with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor's sole discretion, the awarding of prize to an alternate winner. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding and agree that: 1.) Released Parties and their designees may use (unless prohibited by law) their name, voice, city/state of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade and/or for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification, and 2.) Released Parties and their designees and assigns shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize (including any travel/activity related thereto) or participation in this Program. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate this Program (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared), labor controversy or threat thereof, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Program and, in the event of termination, at its discretion, select winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event requiring such termination. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be in violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies (including attorneys’ fees) and damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.