Chapter Leader Position Description: Vice President of Technology
The vice president of technology is an elected officer of the Chapter who is responsible to identify, implement and maintain website content and features and other technologies that will support board goals and improve member services.
Term: One year
Estimated Time Requirements per month:
- Attending board meetings: 2 hours plus travel time
- Attending membership committee meetings (ad hoc): 1-2 hours plus travel time
- Attending monthly chapter meetings: 3 hours plus travel time
- Communicating with administrative office about routine issues: 1-2 hours
- Support board and chapter functions by providing web pages, publishing interface, surveys, discussions, webinars, online-forms, e-commerce and other features as appropriate.
- Maintain Home page and update as needed
- Provide help in accessing and navigating website
- Act as point of contact and liaison with website host
- Design annual budget for Technology function; audit income/expenses monthly to ensure chapter's sound financial status.
- Research, develop and facilitate the sourcing of new ideas and concepts for using technological innovation to deliver enhanced services to members.
- Attend all monthly board meetings and the annual leadership conference
- May be asked to write articles for newsletter
- Partners with other committees (marketing, programs, social media) to highlight the value to becoming a member
- Attends and participates in all monthly board meetings and chapter programs.
- Tracks new, renewed, and expired memberships and reports to
board on a regular basis
- Participates in other chapter events, committee meetings, and conferences as available
- Represents chapter professionally and ethically in all business functions/organizational activities
- Solid information technology expertise and social media skills
- Skilled in written and verbal communication, personal interaction and problem-solving
- Ability to plan, organize and execute activities as required by the position
- Ability to complete projects within established timeframes
- Ability to delegate tasks and monitor follow-through
- Time available to fully participate in chapter programs and board meetings
- Has a willingness to advocate the chapter
- Ability to seek others out as volunteers
- National member of ATD and a member in good standing with the local chapter
Chapter Relations Manager
National Advisors for Chapters (NAC)
Chapter Operating Requirements (CORE)
Sharing Our Success (SOS)
Chapter Leader Community (CLC)
Leadership Connection Newsletter (LCN)
Chapter Leader Webcasts