Problem Sheet Checklist
- Deliveries delayed because of errors and mistakes of people making the parts.
- Employees don’t know their jobs.
- Mix-ups in trucking service.
- Parts returned by another department because they were not made right.
- Operators have special problems because of engineering changes.
- Poor planning.
- Employees have difficulty in getting up to production on new type equipment.
- Aisles too congested.
- Excessive wear and tear on equipment.
- Safety equipment not properly used.
- Material not piled properly.
- Poor shop housekeeping.
- Don’t know safety rules.
- Employees don’t know hazards of their jobs.
- Employees get careless.
- Minor injuries not reported.
- Meeting inspection standards.
- Too much scrap or re-work.
- Jigs and gauges not properly used.
- Not following specifications.
- Too much left to operator’s judgment.
- Employees leave to other plants – couldn’t “get the hang” of the job.
- New employees lack experience in mechanical things.
- Lack interest in the work.
- Employees want transfers - think they can “make out” better on other jobs.
- Claim to have good experience but don’t “come through.”
- Too much time to get up to production.
- Instructed the wrong way.
- Can’t get experienced people any more.
- Employees get discouraged learning the job.