Instructions for importing the
Mines eLearning Template for Face-to-Face (F2F) courses
The following instructions demonstrate how to import the Mines eLearning Template for F2F courses from the Canvas Commons.
Important: When importing the template, or any course from Commons, into a course within Canvas, all existing content will be wiped out of the course. Make sure your course is ready for the import and any content that might be in the course currently is saved in multiple places such as on your computer and in a cloud-based backup (ex. O365).
Importing the template from Canvas Commons:
- Navigate to https://canvas.mines.edu/
- Login with your Mines Multipass username and password
- Click the Commons icons
- In the Search field, type “Mines eLearning Template for F2F,” then click the Mines eLearning Template for F2F link within the tile
- Select the appropriate checkbox for your course, then click Import into Course
- You will then see a verification message at the top of the screen, then click the Dashboard icon
- Click the appropriate course tile within the dashboard
- Note: If you don’t see the course in your Dashboard, follow these instructions to locate your course and add it to your Dashboard: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10184-4152719654
- Verify the content imported to your desired course