VICTOR ANTOFICA, 34
Passionate software engineer who wants to keep learning and exploring new stuff.
To build successful websites. To provide online services to 1 million customers.
I speak: English, Romanian, Russian
Master's Degree, 2008-2010 - Software Development at Coventry University | UK
University Degree, 2000-2006 - Cybernetics, Statistics and Informatics faculty at Academy of Economic Studies | Romania
WORK - 10 years’ experience as a web developer, both frontend and backend.
UX&UI Front-end dev, love KnockoutJs/AngularJs. Back-end: Asp.NET, C#.
- Independent, intelligent, quick learner & able to hit the ground running when starting to work on new project
- Problem solver, resourceful & versatile
- Domain experience in finance, banking, gaming, tobacco, Facility Management, traveling & holidays, SaaS etc.
Latest project: AngJobs.com - job board built with Angular, on Github
UI & UX web/mobile developer for CBRE | London, UK
Feb 2016 – July 2016
- Facility Management project. Working with AngularJs/HTML/CSS, Asp.NET MVC, C#, Entity Framework
UI & UX frontend developer. Contractor for Microsoft | Reading, UK
Oct 2015 - Dec 2015
- Responsible for UI & UX frontend development
- Single page apps and various components for Dynamics CRM, with Knockoutjs and HTML5/Sass
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM customizations. Large project, 20+ team members.
Software Web Architect & Support Dev for CompCk.com | London, UK
Web Services, IT Consultant (2014-2015)
- System analysis and design of a web solution to support searching millions of company accounts.
- Responsible for the UI/UX. Built a SPA based on AngularJs and WebApi.
- Managed a team of 2 devs + tester. Enhancements, updates & bug fixes. Code First approach using Entity Framework 6.1
- Checking for overnight batch fails(automatic tasks for data import from Companies House etc)
- Used Lucene.NET for indexing the database and increase search performance.
- Change/Release management, sending updates to production
- ApiFox.com – build simple JSON Apis. Uses Azure Document DB to store JSON files. Front-end available on Github
- Built 100+ Android apps and two IOS apps using AngularJs and Cordova platform
Frontend Developer for Artirix | London, UK
Travel Industry, IT Consultant 1 year (2013-2014) – team of 4 – High traffic website
- Performance, maintainability and optimization of a high-traffic website: TeletextHolidays.co.uk based on Sitecore CMS, Asp.NET C#
- Sitecore maintenance: creating new pages, re-arranging marketing web content, new page layouts, new custom modules, bug fixing etc.
- Sitecore CMS upgrade. Integrating a SPA into Sitecore.
- Developed initial Minimum Viable Product to revamp the web app. Was responsible for the new UI/UX. Built a Single Page Application which is now in production.
- Working in Agile team of 3-4. Other tools/techonologies used for this role: Visual Studio 2013, SQL Server 2008, Git, Scala, Redis, ElasticSearch, Confluence/JIRA, Amazon Cloud Services etc.
- Weekly deploys to PROD. Reports for the business(user activity/performance reports etc.)
IT Consultant for JTI | Trier, Germany
Tobacco Industry, FRONTEND + BACKEND (2013) - AGILE/SCRUM methodologies
- Designing and developing a global distributed web platform for managing different processes (buying/selling tobacco leafs)
- Working with NServiceBus/MSMQ, MVC, C#, WCF, Web API, MS SQL Server
- Integration with SAP web services.Involved in Unit Testing and Integration Testing. Used NUnit
Founder at CanvasBM.com | London, UK
Frontend+Backed developer/Marketing (2012)
- Founder of CanvasBM.com - Business Model Canvas Tool – MVC4/HTML5/ JSON/Ajax
- Asp.NET 4.5 C# MVC4 KnockoutJS, MS SQL Server 2012, EF5, VS 2012, Windows Azure
Freelance for Breakout Commerce | New York, US
Senior .NET developer (2012), Remote work
- www.getprint.me - created web-services(API) and some back-office data grids(CRUD) using Asp.NET 4.0, HTML5/CSS, Web API, JSON/Ajax, EF 5, KnockoutJS, Telerik KendoUI, MS SQL Server 2008, Visual Studio 2012
- Created an e-commerce API. RESTful web services hosted by Windows Azure cloud service using ASP.NET Web API and MVC4
FRONTEND developer at AVIS | Oslo, Norway
Auto Industry, IT Contractor – (2012)
- Designed and built internal tools using MVC3/HTML5/jQuery. Worked in an Agile environment.
- Designed a Sql Server database and a simple UI(html/css) for an intranet web application.
- Attended Windows Azure Conference presented by Scott Guthrie (Cambridge, UK - June 2012)
Senior Web Developer at FNZ | Brno, Czech Republic
Banking, IT Contractor - 7 months (2011 – 2012) - Asp.Net 3.5 VB/C# and Sql Server 2005
- Worked in a team of 15 developers, building and fixing the FNZ financial platform. Ported some existing web framework written in VB to C#. Created some SQL objects (Views/Stored procedures/tables etc.) and fixed bugs related to reports and data integrity.
- Created RESTful web services(WCF). Implemented interfaces. Worked with Business Analysts to get the specifications. Fixed defects/bugs and maintained a VB web application. Unit testing.
FRONTEND developer at WAA | Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Design Agency, IT Consultant for 3 months (2011) – second contract
- Made some improvements to Esporta.com based on Sitefinity CMS, for example: new pages for registration forms, A/B tests, reports for administration section – back office. The company has been acquired by Virgin Active and the website has been redirected now to VirginActive.co.uk
- Created the back-end for a CMS website www.million-extra.co.uk Maintenance work for some existing websites based on Sitefinity CMS from Telerik
- FRONTEND/BACKEND dev at WAA - IT Contractor (2010) – custom CMS website(for Imperial Tobacco). Implemented Orchard CMS – built custom features using C#/Asp.net
FRONTEND+BACKEND dev at B4U Business Media | Birmingham, UK
E-commerce, Senior Web developer April 2009 – September 2010
- Shopping system, worked on a few e-commerce websites: handbagsandperfumes.com, continentalmobiles.com etc. (Asp.NET C#)
Victorantos Ltd | Coventry, UK
Web developer, SEO expert (2008 – 2009)
- SEO services: optimizing content, keywords for better google search results. Check this search result to see my website on the second Google page http://goo.gl/eXx24
Asp.net C# Freelance | Bucharest, Romania
Web developer (2007 – 2008)
- Agilix.com, levade-ict.nl (Business Intelligence App dashboard/charts using DevExpress)
Alarmnet Romania | Bucharest, Romania
Auto Industry,Web developer/designer (2007)
- Developing UI (web application) for a system of Vehicle Fleet Management through GPS&GPRS technologies, used SQL Server Spatial to store maps and open source software SharpMap.
Entelion Software SRL | Bucharest, Romania
CRM, Junior Web developer (2006 -2007) TEAM of 3
- Ported classic Asp code to Asp.Net 2.0. Developed a CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
FASMA Romania | Bucharest, Romania
Banking, Junior .NET developer(web/windows forms) (2005 – 2006) – TEAM of 12
- Credit check and settlement system (eCheck.ro) Developed a tool to auto connect to Internet using TAPI(Telephony Application Programming Interface) and import some data from emails.