Bible Interpretation Class – Hiawatha Bible Chapel
Evangelical Presuppositions in Bible Interpretation
Lesson 1 – March 24th, 2017
2. The Bible is True
3. The Bible is Authoritative
4. The Bible Consists of the Protestant Canon
5. God Speaks Through His Word, the Bible
6. The Bible is Clear in its Major Teachings
7. The Truth of Scripture has been Revealed Over Time
8. The Grammatical-Historical (“Literal”) Sense of Scripture is its Primary Sense
B. Test of Context – Does the Immediate Context Indicate that the Text is Figurative?
C. Test of Contradiction - Does Taking it Literally Cause it to Clearly Contradict Other Scriptures?