ORRC_logo_200.jpg

Board Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Oregon Sports Office Conference Room
6:00 p.m. to 7:50 p.m.

ATTENDANCE

Notes

Present:  Stephen Wright, Brandi Tarrel, Hal Brockman, Alan Smith, Margo Glass.

Absent:  Dave Green

Guest: 

AGENDA ITEM

  • Call to order, announcement and introductions

6:00 p.m.

  •        VP Reports
  • Treasurer - Dave
  • No report
  • Membership - Alan
  • Membership at about 980 members, steady numbers.
  • Race Operations - Steve
  • Champoeg Event review
  • Equipment - purchasing more gear for running our events.
  • Storage - second storage unit rented. Garage organizing party to happen in April. Survey going out to ORRC race directors soon asking for their ideas and advice on how best to maintain and organize our large amount of equipment.
  • Marketing - Margo
  • 1200 Club party - OK participation but could have a better distribution process next year.
  • Under Armour / On : getting vendors to sponsor our First Tuesday training events (pizza and beer following)
  • Communications - Stephanie - not present, no report.

6:09 p.m.

  • OLD BUSINESS

  • Calendar of Events - Margo
  • Margo to work on calendars for vendors’ free events to display on consolidated ORRC website calendar.
  • Motion to stop advertising events from other organizations. Seconded and passed. Consideration to be made to NOT remove events already there but do not add any others to that calendar. Steve to develop wording about this change.

  • Tabled for more discussion next meeting when Dave Green is present.
  • Aspects to discuss at next meeting: Review process by another officer; and whether there will be a way to easily revise or stop this investment program if we lose financial expertise on the Board.

  • NEW BUSINESS

  • Steve briefly reviewed the policy.
  • Board members present given the acknowledgement forms. Signed forms returned to Steve.

  • Review of best practices learned from other RRCA clubs at recent RRCA conference in Detroit.
  • Some good ideas in there.
  • ORRC tentatively planning on hosting the 2020 RRCA national conference at a Portland downtown hotel.

  • Choose three Strategic Planning objectives to complete in 2017 from the 2014 Strategic Plan. Summary of the ten elements of Strategic Plan - Steve
  • click here.  Tabled.

  • Standardize website race event information - Steve
  • Steve to discuss with race directors the need to standardize the event information on our website. This would benefit our event participants and would hopefully encourage more participants to come to our events.

  • Access Username and PW Information - Steve

  • Community Outreach Program - Steve

  • Double Dare U Dog Event Discussion- Steve

  • ROUND TABLE
  • Alan: five ORRC events are open for registration at this point - we need to get them being promoted on Facebook and any other mechanisms to encourage registrations.
  • Alan: 10K Series coordinator Jaki Schmunk had to drop out because she’s moving to California to take care of ill relative and family.

  • ADJOURN

7:50 p.m.