FAMILY SHOW | Saturdays at 4PM in the Mainstage
To connect with audiences of all ages. The Family Show is joyfully improvised, rooted in shortform, scenic and musical improvisation. The Family Show is imaginative, honest, and highly interactive.
- perform consistently high quality, audience-centered shows playing to the top of your intelligence, heart and comedic abilities.
- be held to the exacting performance standards of the Family Show, regarded as one of the premiere resident casts at ImprovBoston.
- have a director who regularly attends performances, has clear objectives for every rehearsal, and is dedicated to your personal artistic growth and to the long-term growth of the show.
- dedicate yourself fully to the ensemble, rehearsal process, the director, and to your own growth as an improviser.
- meet attendance standards for rehearsals, and to not exceed five (5) absences during the period between auditions.
- contribute actively to the evolution of the Family Show in support of both cast and theater goals.
- be a supportive member of the Family Show ensemble, a positive leader in the community, and an active ambassador of ImprovBoston.
- Weekly free rehearsal space.
- The dedication of a fully invested director along with the oversight and guidance of the Artistic Director and Managing Director of ImprovBoston.
- Full support from ImprovBoston in marketing, resources and creative guidance.
- Comp tickets for guests of performers in the show that evening (per ImprovBoston’s comp policy).
- Stand-by comp tickets to most other ImprovBoston shows.
- Discounted enrollment in select comedy school classes, masterclasses and electives.
- Online recognition through weekly cast lists, headshots, bios and links you provide.
- Discounted soda, water, snacks.