This year is going to be AMAZING!
Welcome to Fifth Grade!!! On this sheet you will find a list of information that will be helpful for this school year. Please feel free to ask about any of this information or any other concerns you might have. After reading this, please sign and return one copy. The other is for your records. This will let us know you have read this information.
- R. esponsibility- turn in your work on time
- U. se appropriate language only, no put downs.
- L. isten when others are speaking; always be attentive.
- E. very choice you make is your own; Choose wisely.
- Simple = be respectful of your teachers, your peers and materials around you.
- First infraction: Warning
2. Second infraction: Warning (Note home if necessary)
3. Third infraction: detention
SEVERE INFRACTIONS may cause direct disciplinary action.
A = 90-100 B = 89-80 C = 79-70
D = 69- 60 F= 59-0
0-10 infractions = A 11-20 infractions = B 21-40 infractions = C
41-65 infractions = D 66 or more infractions = F
- Mrs. Wiggs, Mrs. Venhaus, and Mrs. Naumann will be team teaching the fifth grade.
Mrs. Thole, the RtI teacher, will see some students.
- All rules are the same in each classroom. If a student earns an infraction in another classroom, they will be applied to the list in their homeroom. The same goes for rewards. They can earn “money” in another classroom and bring them back to spend in their homeroom.
- Students will be required to use the agenda provided by the school. Each afternoon we will go over what we did that day and all assignments. They should fill it out completely, put an X over completed assignments and circle anything that needs to be finished as homework.
- Students will be using lockers this year. Inside the locker, they will keep their coat, empty book bag, gym shoes (which will be necessary to participate in gym class), and lunch box.
- Students must have these items in their locker and be in the classroom by 8:30 AM. If they are in the hallway at 8:30 AM it will be an infraction for tardy to class. If they enter the building after 8:30 AM, they will receive a tardy slip from the office.
- Award Bucks – Students can earn bucks several different ways in the classroom. These bucks can be saved and used on Fridays to “buy” one of the listed prizes from the teacher.
- Good Behavior Party – Students with a B or higher for their conduct grade (20 or fewer infractions) and no detentions each quarter will participate. There will be one party per quarter. Students will be allowed to bring in a snack to share and one can of soda for his/herself.
- 100 Club – Students who receive 100 on 30 various assignments will enjoy a soda from the teacher.
- Signed Tests/Forms - Students will receive a buck to be used toward a prize of their choice, if their test/form is signed and returned the next school day.
- Friday Folders – Friday Folders will be sent home every Friday with graded work, and infractions for the week. Students will receive “cash” if the Friday Folder is signed and returned the next school day.
- In an effort to keep you up to date, the fifth grade students put together a short newsletter each week. This year we would like to send the newsletter via email to all parents that have internet access. This will aid in saving the district money. Please provide us with any email addresses where you wish to receive the newsletter.
Any work not turned in will be counted as a zero, after the first quarter. Mrs. Wiggs, Mrs. Venhaus, and Mrs. Naumann have decided to give the students the first quarter to transition. During the first quarter there will be points off for late work. If a student is absent, he/she will be given an allotted amount of time to complete necessary assignments.
We are looking forward to working with you this year to make your child’s fifth grade experience a successful one. ☺ Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas. We can be reached by phone after 3:10 PM at 537-4553 or e-mail at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com. These addresses can also be accessed through the district website at http://lcusd9.org
The Fifth Grade Team
I have read and discussed this with my child, ______________________.
(Parent Signature) (Date)
Please list the best way to contact you to discuss your child’s progress. This could be a phone number and/or e-mail address. __________________________________