Name_______________________ Teacher ________________________Period__________
9th Grade – Be College and Career Ready (CCR)!
- Go to UtahFutures.org
- Click on the Assessment/Activities Tab at the top of the UtahFutures home page:
- Click on Career Cluster
- Click on the Green “Start Quick” button
- Rate Activities – read each question then choose Strongly Like, Like, Unsure (try not to choose this one) Dislike.
- Click on Green “View Results” button
- Optional: If you would like to save your results, press the blue mail button at the top right of the screen to email it to yourself.
- Write in your 3 highest Career Clusters:
- Complete the Career Search Assignment (Yellow Worksheet)
- Click on your 3 highest Career Clusters and explore the careers!
- On the main “Occupations Search Results” page, find a career from the lists that you are interested in– On the Yellow worksheet write in Annual Wage, Hourly Wage, Star Rating and Education
- Click on the Career
- Complete the information about the preparation, plus skills and abilities needed for at least one career.
4. Login to PowerSchool---https://grades.provo.edu/public/home.html (Fill out your 4-Year-Plan in Powerschool.)
- Click on the Reports Tab
- Choose CCR/SEOP page and update your Current Career Goal.
- Remember to press “Submit”
- Click on 10th Grade Plan
- Add Core – add appropriate classes:
- Social Studies – choose required .50 World Civ. or 1.0 AP World History (summer work required)
- English - English 10, English 10 Honors
- Math – choose your next appropriate math class
- Science - choose either Biology or Human Biology (if you took Earth Systems this year) or Chemistry, CP Chemistry or CE Chemistry (concurrent enrollment)
- Add Electives to complete a full 8 period schedule.
- Add 2.0 credits of alternate class requests – one full year class and two semester classes.
- Click on 11th Grade Plan - Fill in Core and Elective Classes
- Click on 12th Grade Plan - Fill in Core and Elective Classes
Raise your hand and have a Counselor Check your CCR/SEOP page