IN BRIEF: Excellence in Diversity Symposium, Tue., Sept. 27th
The Johns Hopkins Diversity Postdoctoral Alliance Committee (DPAC) formally invites you to attend our Excellence in Diversity Symposium. Register here.
When: Tuesday, September 27th, 12:00 - 5:30 p.m.
Where: Turner Concourse meeting space on the East Baltimore campus (Campus map)
Registration: Register here
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Upcoming JHPDA Events
NPAW Kickoff Happy Hour, Thu., Sept.15th
Join the JHH, JHU, NIH Bayview and UMD-Baltimore Postdoc Associations for an NPAW kickoff happy hour at Heavy Seas Alehouse! Happy hour specials for the entire duration of the event. All Baltimore postdocs are welcome!
When: Sept. 15th, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Where: Heavy Seas Alehouse at “The Captain’s
Lounge”, 1300 Bank St.
Free transportation: Green Circulator (stop #104)
or: Shot Tower Metro Stop ($1.70 each way)
Who: ALL Baltimore postdocs
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
JHPDA Research Presentation Club Sign Up: Fall dates!
Come join the Research Presentation Club! Practice presenting a talk/poster of your choice with the JHPDA Research Presentation Club! Receive feedback from a friendly audience of fellow postdocs and graduate students. Each month’s event also features valuable tips from an expert in presentation skills.
Not yet ready for a talk? Come and listen to a fellow postdoc practice over lunch (provided!) and help out by providing feedback.
When: Wednesdays, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Dates: Oct 12th, Nov. 16th, Dec. 14th, Jan 18th
Questions? Contact Anup Sharma or Madhuparna Roy
Join the JHPDA team in a fundraising walk for diabetes
The JHPDA invites you to join Step Out, an opportunity to change the future and make a positive impact in the lives of those who are affected by diabetes. Take Charge. Inspire Others. Fight against diabetes! Join our team!
When: Sunday, October 2nd
Where: Canton Waterfront Park
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Professional Development Opportunities
Professional Development and Careers Office
Click here to see the full calendar of PDO events.
Click here to make an appointment with the PDO.
- Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures - Commercialization Academy (details)
Additional Professional Development Events
- Biostatistics course; application deadline Nov 1st (details)
- Center for Integration of Research Teaching and Learning (CIRTL)
- Johns Hopkins School of Education
- Graduate certificate programs & online programs in education (details)
- ABRCMS Conference, Nov 9-12, 2016: The Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS) is currently accepting applications for travel awards and presentation abstracts (details) (posted 8/15)
- Access Association for Women in Science (AWIS) benefits (details) (posted 8/15)
Fellowship and Job Opportunities
Visit the below site for additional updated listings, including job postings and postdoctoral fellowships in a variety of science careers across disciplines. Recent additions listed below.
- Staff Scientist, Signal Transduction Laboratory, Division of Intramural Research, Research triangle, North Carolina (details)(posted 8/28)
- Postdoc position available in transplant immunology and immunoregulation at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (details). (posted 08/20)
- Cancer vaccine/ immunology scientist at the VLP Therapeutics in Gaithersburg, MD (details) (posted 8/8)
- Postdoc in the Neural Interface Laboratory within the Office of Science and
Engineering Labs at FDA (details) posted 9/06
- Postdoc Job Opportunity: Work with Duke Human Vaccine Institute; details (posted 8/15)
Receive grant alerts here.
Events Around Baltimore
Visit http://baltimore.org/events or the Culture Fly calendar.