Davis Aquatic Masters
Board Meeting – September 10, 2014
Meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. in the Brady Building at Civic Pool. Quorum was established.
Ann Willis, President
Byron Philleo, Treasurer
Dan Sperka, Secretary
Ken Petruzzelli, Member at Large
Erica Fleishman, Member at Large
Stu Kahn, Head Coach
Allan Crow, Financial Director
Trish Price, Berryessa Race Director
Karen Charney, Vice President
Jonathon Howard, Member at Large
Approval of Minutes from August meeting
- Motion: Approve minutes as amended
- Vote: Unanimously approved
- Resolved: Minutes of August 6, 2014 meeting are approved and entered into records.
We were joined by a new member, Clayton ???. Ted Krovetz emailed a request to the board to consider concerning member dues for families and couples.
Head Coach Report(Stu)
- DAM policy of offering 3 free swims to perspective members is out of sync with USMS policy (and insurance). DAM now offers a single free swim, in keeping with USMS insurance. Swimmers must fill out a form prior to using that swim (forms available at pool).
Finance Director Report(Allan)
- discussion concerning document retention policies. The board will look at different policies per Ken’ s suggestions.
50m Pool Update (Ken)
- Leak detection company has come and done their work. A report to the city is pending. This will be important, as it will outline needed/recommended repairs to Civic pool.
Policies and Procedures Revisions (Erica)
- Erica has compiled the Policies and Procedures revisions all board members made into a single document for Board review.
- Board will consider a change to the by-laws which would make the Head Coach a voting member of the Board of Directors.
- To be held Dec 13, 2014, at Stonegate Country Club, 7:00-9:30PM.
- Next meeting, Wed, October 8, 2014