To turn on Thymio, hold your finger on the circle touch sensor at the top for 3 seconds. Press an arrow key to switch colors, and press the center button again to activate the mode.
The robot comes with some pre-programmed functionality:
- Green (curious) – Follows using horizontal proximity sensors
- Yellow (explorer) – Goes forward and turns when it sees something in its way
- Red (scared)– Runs away from what it sees and visualizes accelerometer when lifted
- Blue (sound)– Responds to sound/clapping
- Cyan – Follows lines with bottom sight sensors. (Thick 1.5 in gaffer’s tape works best)
- First: placing both bottom sensors over black and press forward and backward touch sensors at the same time
- Second: placing both bottom sensors over white surface and press right and left touch sensors at same time
- Purple – Responds to touch sensors & IR Remote Control
To turn off Thymio, hold your finger on the circle touch sensor at the top for 3 seconds.
- If buttons are unresponsive, do not touch for 4 seconds, then try again.
- If mode with lights off is selected, it is a user-saved program, and robot must be turned off to re-enter pre-programmed options.