“Big Canoe Chapel Men’s Fellowship” is a social organization that creates opportunities to serve others and to foster personal and spiritual growth for ALL men in Big Canoe. Resources of the organization shall give priority to humanitarian needs. Requests for funding will only be considered if they directly align with one of the organization’s ongoing ministry areas (as listed in Article C below.) Other requests will be forwarded to the appropriate organization(s). Exceptions would be per Article E.
- The affairs of the organization shall be directed and administered by a Leadership Team (Team) which shall be composed of not less than 8 and not more than 12 Members, each of whom shall serve a term of 3 years. There is no limit on the number of successive terms that a Member may serve if re-elected.
- New Members of the Team shall be nominated by any existing Member at the April meeting. Election of new Members will be by a majority vote of all existing Members of the Team during the May meeting of each year.
- A Member may resign at any time or may be removed, with or without cause, by two-thirds vote of the entire Team. Upon the death, removal, resignation or incapacity of any member of the Team, a majority of the remaining Members may vote to fill the vacancy.
- The Team shall meet regularly, at 1:00 p.m., Eastern Time, the first Tuesday of each month, and shall hold such other meetings when necessary.
- A quorum for the transaction of business at any regular or special meeting of the Team shall consist of one-half of the members of the Team, and a majority of such quorum shall decide any question that may properly come before the meeting. In the event of a tie, the vote of the Chairman shall determine the decision of the Team.
- Normally, agendas will be issued at least 3 days before the stated meeting.
- Robert’s Rules of Order will govern the proceedings of the Team. A member of the Team will be appointed to serve as “Parliamentarian” to assist the Team in adherence to these Rules.
- The organization’s fiscal year shall be January 1 - December 31. The “Event/Program Year” will be September - May.
- A “Big Canoe Chapel Men’s Fellowship Advisory Council” (Council) shall provide input and advice to the Team.
- Members of the Council shall be selected and invited to the Council by the Team, and they shall generally be men who have made a special, sustained, significant contribution to the organization. E.g. have served for 6+ consecutive years as a member of the Team, etc.
- The Council shall meet semi-annually with the Team, and members of the Council are invited to attend any regular stated meeting of the Team.
- The officers shall consist of Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, and other such officers as may be elected by the Team.
- The Chairman shall preside at all meetings of the Members, and shall have the general supervision over the affairs of the organization and over the other officers.
- The Vice Chairman, in the absence of the Chairman, shall perform the duties of the Chairman. By agreeing to serve, the Vice Chairman is also agreeing to be a nominee to be the next (rising) Chairman.
- The Secretary shall be the custodian of the minutes of the organization and shall be responsible for the accurate keeping of the minutes of the meetings of the Members.
- The Treasurer shall have the authority and responsibility for the safekeeping of the funds of the organization, and reporting current status at each monthly meeting.
- The officers of the organization for the upcoming year shall be elected at the May meeting by the Team. All officers shall serve one-year terms. Officers may be re-elected and there shall be no limit on the number of consecutive terms. An officer may resign at any time or may be removed, with or without cause, by two-thirds vote of the entire Team. Upon the death, removal, resignation or incapacity of any officer of the Leadership Team, a majority of the remaining Members may fill the vacancy.
- Each April, an ad hoc “Nominating Committee” shall be appointed, consisting of at least 3 incumbent Team members. This Committee will elect a chairperson for the Committee. Members of the Leadership Team will submit nominations for each office to this Committee. This Nominating Committee will prepare a secret ballot for the Team’s use in voting at the May meeting. All nominees for the Chairman and Vice Chairman position(s) must be an incumbent Team member.
- Any Team action required or permitted to be taken at any meeting may be taken without a meeting if a majority of the Members consent in writing or by electronic-mail to such action.
The Standing Committees of the Leadership Team are listed below. Each committee will be led by a chairperson, except as specified below. Leaders of the committees may be, but are not automatically members of the Leadership Team.
- Breakfast Meeting Program Committee -- responsible for all aspects of scheduled breakfast meetings, including: planning, program/speaker, facilities, food, AV, reservations, etc.
- Home Repair Ministry (HRM) Committee -- responsible for carrying out the currently approved HRM guidelines. This committee shall be led by two co-chairmen.
- Healing Hearts Ministry (HHM) Committee — responsible for carrying out the currently approved HHVM guidelines. This committee shall be led by two co-chairmen.
- Men to Men Visitation Ministry Committee - responsible for ministering through SERVICE (visitation & related support) to men in Big Canoe who are shut-in. guidelines
- Social Events/Activities Committee -- responsible for researching, planning, and coordinating social events (ballgames, fish frys, etc) that are approved by the Team.
- Fund Raising Committee / Charity Golf Tournament Committee -- responsible for researching, planning, and coordinating fund raising events (golf tournament, etc) that are approved by the Team. This committee shall be led by a chairman and a vice-chairman.
- Widows Assistance Ministry (WAM) Committee - responsible for ministering through SERVICE (visitation and home inspection) to the widows in Big Canoe. guidelines This committee shall be led by two co-chairmen.
- Communications Delegate - The Leadership Team shall appoint one member to act on it’s behalf for decisions pertaining to use of the Organization’s communications media (website, e-mail account, mailing list, etc)
The Chairman is responsible for appointing committee chairpersons with the advice and consent of the Team.
NOTE: While the respective committees are responsible for planning and coordinating events as outlined above, all members of the Team are encouraged to assist with any and all activities as he feels call. All events sponsored by Men’s Fellowship will be for men only unless the leadership team votes in advance of the event to include women.
The funds of the organization shall be deposited to the Big Canoe Chapel Men’s Fellowship checking account and shall be withdrawn only upon the check or order of either the Chairman, Vice Chairman, or Treasurer Checks in excess of $500 must be authorized by two of these four individuals. financial guidelines
These Bylaws shall be reviewed and amended/restated as needed at least once per year (May Team meeting). Proposed changes shall be introduced to the Team at the April meeting. The Team shall have the power to alter, amend, or repeal the Bylaws or adopt new Bylaws by a three-fourths vote of the entire Team.
/BCCMF ByLaws Page of Approved 9/5/2017