One Classy Dish Recipe
SPRING ASPARAGUS SOUP
Corner Bakery Recreation
For creamy texture add….
1. Chop off bottom of asparagus, about 1 inch off the bottom & discard.
2. Chop off top of asparagus, about 1 inch & set aside for later.
3. Chop onion, garlic, & remaining asparagus, about 1 inch pieces.
4. In a large pot, heat olive oil & saute onions, Garlic, &
asparagus for 3-4 min or until they soften.
5. Add chicken or veggie broth & bring to a boil,
then simmer on low-med heat for 10-12 minutes.
6. Pour soup into a food processor or blender, LET COOL FOR 7-10 MIN BEFORE BLENDING. If you don't let it cool first, it will explode out the blender from the heat. Once it cools, puree slowly to desired texture.
7. Pour pureed soup back into the same pot, add the asparagus tops, bring to a boil & simmer for 2-3 minutes until asparagus tops are cooked. Add salt & pepper to taste.
This recipe is very healthy, it contains no dairy, no gluten, if you use veggie broth it is vegan, & it also also Whole30 approved! If you like a thicker creamy soup constancy & you are not maintaining a paleo diet, you can add one can of drained chickpeas at step 5 with the broth & it will thicken the soup. If you do this I would use 5-6 cups of broth. It makes a great addition to this delicious soup!