Cardboard Greeting Cards
Why would you make greeting cards out of cardboard?
- Unique & Personal
What supplies do you need?
- Box cutter (utility knife)
- Half of a cardboard box
- Amazon shipping boxes are great to use
- Copy paper or light-coloured construction paper
- Marker or pen
- Stapler or glue
- Wrapping paper or textured paper of some sort
How do you do it?
- Identify an existing fold in the cardboard that will not be too stiff. For example, the fold between two sides of a cardboard box are less resistant that the fold between the side of a box and the top/bottom flap.
- Cut a piece of cardboard that is the size of a greeting card when folded in half along the existing fold.
- Note that the cardboard can have old packing tape attached to it or can have strange pre-existing cutouts and folds. Any weirdness adds to the uniqueness of the greeting card.
- Use this piece of cardboard as a base upon which to staple or glue other cardboard pieces, wrapping paper, or construction paper. These new pieces should provide contrast with the bland colour of the cardboard base.
- City silhouette birthday card
- 38th anniversary card
- Sunny get-well card
Images of Greeting Cards Made on Cardboard