CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Leadership Team Chair
Title: Chair *Position may be shared
Reports to: Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council CEO
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training, orientations and meetings. During camp available as needed. Overnight stay not required. Post-camp meetings and reporting.
Lead volunteers and staff in achieving the CampHERO mission. Coordinate, direct and supervise the implementation of CampHERO.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all CampHERO planning, operations, logisitics and administration.
- Directly supervise the Section Chiefs, Public Information Officer and Safety Officer/Health Supervisor.
- Coordinate pre and post-camp meetings.
- Communicate with Girl Scouts CEO or designee.
- Work with other volunteers and staff to achieve CampHERO’s goals.
Other Job Requirements:
- Be or become a registered member of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Current valid driver’s license.
- Expertise in the protective services.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.