Vinland Valley Soccer Association
Ajax Line Drill
Make three areas or channels with disc cones approximately 5x15 yards each. Each channel should have 1-3 players on each endline opposite of one another with one ball on one side to begin.
- First player, Player A dribbles, while touching the ball with every step to the opposite endline and leaves the ball for the Player B who dribbles the same back to the opposite endline to Player C who dribbles back to Player A and it starts all over.
- With a gate marked by cones a yard apart players continue to dribble as in Variation 1, but now use a skill (scissors, Revilino, Matthews, Maradona, etc.) to get through the gate.
- Players now will pass the ball the length of the channel and run to the opposite endline. So instead of dribbling back and forth the players are now passing.
- Players should concentrate on technique and skill.
- Passes should be crisp and on the ground.