General Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (Rules) and apply to competitions run by So Good Studios LTD (Competition), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- The Competition is organised by So Good Studios LTD, 2nd Floor Marine Building, James Street, Drake Circus, Plymouth, Pl4 8AA.
- Rules specific to each Competition will be displayed in a notice on the relevant competition URL. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
- So Good Studios LTD reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Competition Notice or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Competition Notice or these Rules.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, Competition Notice, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of So Good Studios LTD shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom.
- Employees of So Good Studios LTD or any company involved in the Competition or any advertising agency or web company connected with So Good Studios LTD or any such persons subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. So Good Studios LTD reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- Additional eligibility requirements may apply to specific Competitions, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or drivers licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- So Good Studios LTD assumes (and you warrant that) that by entering the Competition either you have legal capacity to enter the Competition and agree to the Rules (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract) or your parents have consented to your entry of the Competition and these Rules.
- So Good Studios LTD reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, So Good Studios LTD in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement contestant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- By entering the Competition entrants agree to receive messages by email, SMS or post from So Good Studios LTD. Entrants may unsubscribe from these messages at any time.
- Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition.
- Where an offer is made for participation in a Competition involving a premium rate telephone call, the Competition Notice will include details of the estimated length of the call and its anticipated cost, and any other guidance to which So Good Studios LTD must adhere in compliance with ICSTIS rules.
- Proof of posting cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. So Good Studios LTD cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, So Good Studios LTD does not accept responsibility for the return of any Competition entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
- Unless otherwise specified in the Competition Notice, prize winners will be chosen at random from all qualifying entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. If appropriate, tie-breakers will be judged by So Good Studios LTD and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and So Good Studios LTD shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated therein may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
- Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. So Good Studios LTD reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes are awarded at So Good Studios LTD discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses, upgrades, etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Where the prize is concert or event tickets the entrants must ensure that they abide by the terms and conditions of the venue.
- Entrants are required to make their own way to the event or concert. So Good Studios LTD is not responsible for entrants travel or accommodation.
Intellectual Property Rights
- In consideration of So Good Studios LTD agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby assigns to So Good Studios LTD the complete copyright and all other rights in any entry, which shall be for the full period of copyright. So Good Studios LTD shall be free to assign such rights to third parties.
- Furthermore, any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that the information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, So Good Studios LTD reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
Contributions to Competitions
- If you take part in any Competition operated by So Good Studios LTD and submit any work (including any design, text, photograph, graphic, video or audio material) as part of such competition you thereby agree to the following terms:
- So Good
- In the event that your work is chosen as a winning entry (hereafter referred to as the "Winning Work"), So Good Studios LTD has the right to use the Winning Work throughout the world in any way whatsoever, including for commercial and non-commercial purposes, without requiring further permission from you. In particular, we may reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, perform and/or play the Winning Work and incorporate the Winning Work in other works and in any media (whether now known or later developed) including the internet. So Good Studios LTD is also entitled to sub-license use of your works to other parties.
- If you do not want to grant So Good Studios LTD the rights set out above, please do not submit your entry to the Competition.
- Further to paragraph 30, by submitting your contribution to the Competition, you:
- warrant that your contribution;
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to So Good Studios LTD for all the purposes specified above and have obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
- is not defamatory, obscene, in breach of copyright, vulgar or indecent or may have the effect of being harassing, threatening, abusive, offensive, distressing or hateful or otherwise degrading or intimidating to an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, disability or any other reason; and
- does not infringe any law; and
- indemnify So Good Studios LTD and hold So Good Studios LTD indemnified against all legal fees, claims, damages and other expenses that may be brought against or incurred by So Good Studios LTD in relation to your breach or suspected breach of the above warranties; and
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication as part of the Competition, and the purposes specified above.
- So Good Studios LTD reserve the right not to announce a competition winner if the submitted work is not of a suitable standard or appropriate to the competition brief.
- So Good Studios LTD cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as aresult of accepting any prize. So Good Studios LTD is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other persons computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude So Good Studios LTD liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
- The Competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law. Neither we nor any of our subsidiaries are responsible for the content of any other website, including any website through which you may have gained access to our website or to which you may gain access from our website. We do not accept any liability in connection with any such sites or links.