

CIVICS Committee (Intersect) Meeting - 2026/04/30

13:59 BST - Transcript

Attendees

Dzubang Mermoz, Ian Hartwell, Ken-Erik Ølmheim, Larisa Mcfarlane, Musa Ridwan Itopa, Nana Safo, Nicolas Cerny, Randy Randy, Seomon register, Seun Gbiri

Transcript

Nicolas Cerny: All right, welcome to the civics committee weekly meeting. Today is April 30th, 2026. And we don't have that many agenda items for today. But as always, let me just start with some quick housekeeping and updates from the intersect steering committee and what's going on there. So in the IC meeting this week, the main topic of discussion was first of all, the board members were there or some of the board members were there. I think it was Adam and Mercy who attended and yeah Jack and Lorenzo gave us an overview of the intersect budget that was submitted in the hydra voting tool so you can check that out there. it has diff three different work packages and it's quite extensive.

Nicolas Cerny: I'm just fine looking for a link to just share it quickly in the chat if I'm able to because I still have problems with my Google Meet. no, today it should Perfect. So you can see that That's the proposal. of course familiar familiarize yourself with that. And then what else was discussed is the elections are ongoing. we have until tomorrow 12:00 p.m. DC to cast our votes for the next committee members the election itself is then not over right because the results still need to be announced and I think that's planned for next week so by then we know who is joining us or who is staying or who we need to say goodbye so yeah will be interesting

Nicolas Cerny: to So, please encourage your community or your people that they still need to vote if they haven't. So, and of course, if you haven't voted, please do so as Yeah. And then one other topic that was discussed of course were the committee stipens because we're now sort of in the last budget proposal in 2025. That was an item in there and it has also been included in the new budget proposal. but since we're now a few months already in the IC also needs to sort of reassess and evaluate the review process itself. There was a workshop yesterday with the IC members to discuss the stipens and one thing that came up quite often is that the original intent of the service rewards of this goodie was to be anchored at the dollar price actually.

Nicolas Cerny: So \$500 versus 500 ADA that came up quite a bit. Then others discussed the necessity for committees to be more autonomous sort of that there is a minimum compensation bar but then the rest should be decided by the committees themselves how they want to reward active members and participation. And I thought that also aligns with what we discussed here that eventually we would like to see that in the civics committee, right? That we sort of have our own budgets and then we can fund ideally interesting work streams about Kadano governance. Yeah. So that's still ongoing.

Nicolas Cerny: there's going to be another workshop or two or a few more and so I'll keep you all updated if anything changes with the service rewards policy. but for now everything stays the same. What it was promised right in last year's proposal that the rewards are until the end of June right or was it end of July?

Larisa Mcfarlane: End of June. Yeah.

Nicolas Cerny: End of June 2026. So of course right I mean and if everything is dependent on the current proposal right if that doesn't get approved intersect will have bigger problems than the service rewards policy. So let's hope we don't need to get there. All right. Did I forget anything about the IC Lissa?

Larisa Mcfarlane: No, that you great nailed it. you were actually relatively quiet in this ISC. I think normally you represent this committee fantastically and...

Nicolas Cerny: Yes, I was.

Larisa Mcfarlane: just wanted to give you a public shout out for that because you always take civics matters to that committee meeting and represent it very very well. So I'm always there thinking, yeah, well said.

00:05:00

Nicolas Cerny: Thank you.

Larisa Mcfarlane: Thank you

Nicolas Cerny: Thanks a lot. it's my absolute pleasure. Right. I mean, that's why I'm the chair. So, I represent the interests of civics committee and sort of Kadano governance as best as I can without sounding too yeah, arrogant. And I know I can be passionate and then I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but I usually then probably just step on the whole food.

Larisa Mcfarlane: Somebody's

Nicolas Cerny: Yes. Yeah. And then regarding of course before we dive into the budget and really thank you for you all. You've provided quite a lot of comments. I saw them. Simon, Nana, Kerik as well. Thank you for that. Randy, I also saw comments from Really appreciate that. working group update. So I unfortunately missed the constitutional amendments working group meeting. I don't even know if there was one today. I think also Thomas has a day off.

Nicolas Cerny: So yeah, was there one?

Larisa Mcfarlane: I did go along and...

Larisa Mcfarlane: it was just me. So I think there is no update this week.

Nicolas Cerny:

Nicolas Cerny: Okay, I think Thomas provided an update about what he did in the channel itself. I think he has continued to just improve the tool and others have tested the tool. You can easily report bugs if you experience any. And he's then fixing them. I think even on the same day usually he's super fast. And I think one thing that was new is he added a sort of summary of the whole constitutional amendment process and how that works. Sort of like a history of the amendment working group. And I thought that's actually really cool. I still need to read it but yeah here's the link if anyone's interested. Yeah. And please do test the tool.

Nicolas Cerny: So, right, even if it's just doing a dummy constitutional amendment or something like that, just try to use the tool and break it. And I think what's especially useful is try it from your phone, try it from your different devices so that we get a better understanding of where we have some issues or where we need to improve things. And then of course I think there was a governance incentive meeting. So of course my question is to Simon or Lissa or who whoever attended. Are there any updates you want to share with the civics committee?

Nicolas Cerny: Yep.

Seomon register: Can you hear me now?

Seomon register: Yeah. Yeah. So, we have the mic off here. So just let me share real quick. we have finalized the working group The link is in the chat here and yes we would like it to be ratified by the committee.

Seomon register: What you might be interested in is I mean of course please read the purpose and the goal and tell us but what you might be interested is milestone 2, three and four is that was decided by us because we don't know what the milestones may be yet. also Thomas gave us insights on this other working group the constitution amendment process working group and he said that the working group in the end turned out a whole lot different because of all the great input he got from the members and I mean I think we have some good input now have to with the beyond mbg

Seomon register: work from last year and also we had there Nana who's also done some input on the governance incentives working group charter and yes and hopefully it's going to be many more and then we're going to get a lot of input and hopefully the working group will evolve into something even better than I can imagine but for now this

Seomon register: is what we have thought about. There's a lot of meeting logistics how to resolve objections, core values, collaboration channels like more technical but yeah please look at it and let's ratify it as soon as possible so we can get more work done.

00:10:00

Nicolas Cerny: Thank you.

Seomon register:

Seomon register: Thank you.

Nicolas Cerny: Really appreciate that.

Nicolas Cerny: And I given that it's not such a long document, I would actually propose that we take five minutes now or 10. Let's try five first. Let's read through it and then we can even vote on it today.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: Tim, can you post it again because I just moved from my mobile into you guys and I lost the link in the chat.

Seomon register: What is this?

Nicolas Cerny: Here you go. I'm copy pasting it and I'm pinning it also. All right, let's read it. let's say until 21 and then we can vote on it. And I think Larissa, you can in the meantime already prepare the poll. Thank you.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: Great. Thanks,

Larisa Mcfarlane: Sorry, I posted that a bit early, but it's there ready when you are.

Nicolas Cerny: All Does anyone need a bit more time to read through it or are you all good? Can we discuss it maybe a bit? All right. And Eric, yeah, go ahead.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: Just the link in the calendar there is broken. I can't get it to work. Maybe it's just other than that, if it's okay, Simon, I would like to join you guys on this one. This is something that comes dear to my heart. I was yapping about this h one and a half year ago and also part of beyond and this is one of the say when it comes to recommendation it's actually funny to see that from going d don't want any compensation governance free blah blah and this is now actually one of the strongest recommendation from the

00:15:00

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: community and...

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: is also rooted in science and research and feedback and working group. So yeah, I think I have a good piece to contribute that beyond minimum Bible governance.

Seomon register: Okay, I would love to have we're using the working group leads right now and...

Seomon register: I think I'm the only lead but only because I facilitate it really I ...

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: I can be a member.

Seomon register: just yeah, it says working group leads and members and I think we can just get rid of this because we have the role here anyway, That's

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: And there's another thing also I mentioned it when the meeting that I was so in regards to milestones and stuff that I totally agree that is very hard to kind because I think this is going to be climbing the ladder a little bit. So we come perhaps up with this solution, test it out and we all probably eventually want it to be an on ledger thing. U but that is let's say far out because as far as I know and the research I've been doing even if we started today and did the research we might looking at two perhaps even three years ahead in regards to development testing and stuff like that.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: But regardless of that it is fantastic to have this under let's say the civics umbrella and...

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: have the resources and ability to coordinate and have let's say eyes over the ecosystem. So I'm all for this one.

Seomon register: Yeah,...

Seomon register: thank also one more thing I think is worth mentioning. if you read the purpose and goal, you will realize that this is not about working on the problem itself. this working group is really about consolidating the efforts of everyone who's been working on this. I think that is much more fair to everyone and also yeah it's like its own effort and yeah

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: Yeah, I

Nicolas Cerny: Yeah, when it comes to the whole governance structure of the chart, personally, I'm not a fan of creating working groups in perpetuity. And the way I think it's currently phrased is very open-ended, where I would naturally say this is rather a responsibility of the civics committee and if we derive a certain project or...

Seomon register: Thank you.

Nicolas Cerny: a certain goal then we spin out a working group right and the way I read it and I think it needs to be a bit more refined a bit better defined is objective one of this working group is to map the existing incentive mechanisms research work work packages that are ongoing

Nicolas Cerny: And that's your first And at deliverable one, you then decide, do you stop? I would not include TBD milestones in the charter. That just looks weird. Just remove them. You have one goal, one milestone, and after you achieve that, you reassess, And you think, okay, do we want to add something, a new goal as a team? Do we even have a team or was it all on the shoulders of Simon, Maybe you're fed up and you don't want to then continue. So, I think it's better to just stop after reassess. If you have the deliverable achieved, that's great. And then you come back to the civics committee with a proposed amendment, right? M2. And then we approve M2 and you move forward.

Nicolas Cerny: I would just want to avoid that we put something out there and that was a learning from last year with we did a civics committee road map and we thought about so many things that we would do and then of course in reality it's all a bit more difficult so yeah it's a great start and I think if you just narrow the scope to deliverable one is that's a** a lot of work. You collect all of the information, you map it, you create an overview, and then you decide what you do with it. Because again, as can Alex said, then the long journey begins of actually writing a CIP, starting with community support and stuff like that. So yeah, that's my two love laces, but great work. Thank you.

00:20:00

Seomon register: Yeah so one more thing so I also wanted to mention Thomas right he created a SIP or he started a SIP which is also very interesting he's also been there and Larissa Lissa but I don't see Lissa on the working group leads and members list I'm not sure I know you're a secretary for civics committee but should we also include you Okay.

Seomon register:

Larisa Mcfarlane: The short answer is no.

Larisa Mcfarlane: Not at the moment because my role has changed within intersect. So yes, not in an official capacity.

Seomon register: All just thought because you've been there so much already.

Larisa Mcfarlane: I and I'm there as anme rather than anything else in this so where you would put Thomas who's already there. Yeah.

Seomon register: All Yeah, he's there already. so sorry two more things before we can move on to the next topic. First I also created a discord channel. So if there's anything regarding governance incentives I would love to have people post something there. I created a pinned I created a post and I would like it to be pinned because think and I will include it in the pinned post if there's anything like Nicholas wrote an article. Sorry, I didn't have time to read it yet, but I'm sure it is great work as usual and I pinned it there and I'm willing to pin everything that's governance related onto this. yeah, so please check it out and if you have anything to say it there.

Seomon register: And another thing is I have a question about which wallets got integrated for the optional PS incentive sip which we incentivized in last year. where can I find a record of that?

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: There's this one that got the grant.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: There are two or three in Q. Thomas I believe has the overview of this one or you have something to add Nicole.

Nicolas Cerny: No, I think that's spot on.

Nicolas Cerny: I always forget whether it was the wallet from the Tim Brookman the IMX guy. What's his wallet or that he's associated with? I don't remember. begin or Tokyo. Is Tokyo a wallet? Is that the one that's now shutting down? But I know that Eternal is also implementing it.

Nicolas Cerny: They said that on an X space, but of course they have a long feature cycle or a lot of things in the pipeline. So I don't know when that's happening, but they told us that they're working on it. But Thomas should have this list and you can also probably see on the knowledge base who got the grant,

Nicolas Cerny: but I would need to verify that. Yeah, but your best answer is probably to ask Thomas.

Seomon register: All right,...

Seomon register: I will do that then. that's a good

Nicolas Cerny: Yeah, and it is a pain point, Unfortunately, the itself it was a small grant, so not a lot of we were not able to get a lot of wallet builders to let's say apply, but a few did. And yeah, Larissa, go ahead.

Nicolas Cerny:

Larisa Mcfarlane: Yeah, sorry I was coughing and...

Larisa Mcfarlane: when the question was happening and the eternal wallet were the only wallet who actually completed and claimed the grant. some others didn't complete the work. it's possible some completed and didn't claim but not as far as we know. But yeah, it's only one wallet went through the whole process.

Seomon register: All right.

Seomon register: Then I ask Thomas still, but as far as we know, it's only one wallet. that's it for me. Thank you very much.

Nicolas Cerny: Yeah, thank you Simon.

Nicolas Cerny: A great update and yeah, let's vote on it. The poll live. So if you go to the meeting tools section, you can find it there. I'm just reading it for the record. So the poll reads approval of charter for governance incentive working group as per the document version 0.1.

00:25:00

Nicolas Cerny: The options are yes. Yeah.

Seomon register: I see.

Seomon register: Nicholas, you added Cardano community instead of six committee. I think that makes sense to me. Yeah, I think during the meeting, I don't know, but I think that makes sense to me. anyone want to have any input on that?

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: I think it should be under the civics but purely because then we are able to coordinate what they say if there's a lot of chefs there's a lot of mess Sleep.

Seomon register: Yeah, I think it's not a big deal either way.

Nicolas Cerny: Yeah, the idea was right mainly everything that is delivered by the working group anyway needs to be approved by a civics committee and...

Nicolas Cerny: ultimately who is the benefactor of the research you're doing it's the Kadano community Right. Also, the information you collect, it's so that there's an aggregation point and people can go there and know, hey, Simon, Keric, Thomas, whoever, Randy, they keep that up to date. That's all the info we have. Nana, go ahead. You have a question.

Nana Safo: No it's not a question. I just wanted to react to what you guys are discussing. I'm thinking we could have both agents in play here. So we could say sorry provide recommendations to the community through the service committee to achieve incent for governance actors. So this way we know that whatever we do at the end of day the recommendation we able to come up with is going to be given to the kana community through the service committee. So the service committee sort of has an eye on making sure that this recommendations are sorry work done.

Seomon register: I see you added through the civics committee. I think this is a solution that should work for Any objections? All right. I think then we can really move on now.

Nicolas Cerny: Perfect. Musa, you have your hand raised. Do you have a question for Simon?

Musa Ridwan Itopa: Not really a question. Jim, everyone, for the impromptu notification. I just want to let the house know that I currently have an examination that I am taking this afternoon. So, I want to be able to stay active in the meeting, please. And I'm sorry for the impromptu notification.

Nicolas Cerny: No worries. Good luck with your exam. Thanks for notifying us, Musa. Don't worry about it. Good And thanks for dropping All right. So the poll live. I can already see How many members do we have today? One, two, three, four, five, six, seven. So three more votes are required. You can find the poll in the meeting notes section.

Nicolas Cerny: Okay, I've voted. Five votes. We're missing Six votes. One more. All right, Randy, you give a thumbs up. Does that mean you can't vote and you approve the vote?

Larisa Mcfarlane: Are we good? We've got seven.

Nicolas Cerny: All Good. Yeah. So, Paul approved the charter of the governance incentives working group. So, we officially have a new working group. Awesome. It's great. Thank you so much for the work already that you put into that. And of course, we're really looking forward to now having official working group updates in the civics committee everyone. Looking forward to this working group and I'll also try to be there as much as I can. All right. And then of course the main topic of today just last week is the civics committee budget.

Nicolas Cerny: We still have, let me check, until the 8th of May to submit our proposal to the process. So in the tool itself, let me just share my screen so we are all on the same information level. And then until the 22nd of May, we can still edit the proposal. So whatever we put in there, we can edit it until the 22nd of May. And then there is the voting starting on the 26th of May. And even if let's say the new civics committee members completely disagree with whatever we have, we can still decide at that point before the vote to not have it be in the vote to withdraw. So we have the option to withdraw it. Maybe I should have just said it like that. It's I think a bit easier to understand. Good.

00:30:00

Nicolas Cerny: So regarding the proposal and again thank you for everyone for providing your comments. doc is in the chat in case you want to follow along. One thing that I have now I thought about it quite a bit. and I think what we have is really a strong proposal and we also create this accountability layer. I really appreciate that all of you're committed to doing the work and you want to do a thing that I just realized by sitting in the ISC also being aware of two committee proposals were already submitted which is the Kadano product committee proposal and the budget committee proposal.

Nicolas Cerny: They're already live on the Ecclesia hydro voting tool. All of them are doing workshops. We also want to do workshops. And I have a strong feeling that a lot of the dreps would say, "Hello guys, you all want to do workshops. You all request the different amounts of funding for it. What's going on here?" it doesn't seem very coordinated and I'm really honest with you. if I were a dre I would say Why the hell are you not just doing an intersect day and then you have in the morning 3 hours workshop of the product committee then 3 hours of civics then 3 hours of whatever committee right they all wanted the workshops.

Nicolas Cerny: So naturally, I thought about it and I think we strategically should lower our working package one request for flagship workshops. Why? Not because it's not important, but because I think there's enough opportunities of where we can host additional workshops that are not covered by our budget. So what I would just propose is I don't want to cut any region off or anything like that. I would just like to reduce the quantity from currently 2 4 6 8 9 sorry yeah from nine to just one per region.

Nicolas Cerny: So that would mean in Europe, one in Africa, one in Asia, one in North America, one in South America, and one in Osania. Yes. So that's how I thought about it. not because it's not important, but because I think it's really not going to be easy for us to convince Drepps that this is something that should be funded, So I would remove it and also then restructure the work package and just put the

workshops as work package three and put our governance tooling and governance education infrastructure as one.

Nicolas Cerny: So I would just re So number three would become number one and number one would become number three cuz if I had what we said in the proposal as well if we have to cut something out right it would be the workshops itself because the governance education infrastructure that's actually the most important thing that we want to do but yeah I see a few hands up reactions to that Let's sink in for a moment. Simon,...

Nicolas Cerny: go ahead.

Seomon register: Yes, I agree with the work packages.

Seomon register: About the workshops, I believe we should talk with the other committees and maybe put something together I think where we can reduce the cost is renting a facility, Or room or whatever. So the PE flying people in is still going to be the same cost, but if we can put that together, maybe we can get even a nicer room, but the cost will be lower if we put it together still. So is that I'm not sure if that is really viable since it's only eight days now. And yeah, I wouldn't know how to put it together. Maybe you have a better view overview of that.

00:35:00

Nicolas Cerny: It's a good suggestion. I agree and I anyway wanted also to bring that up in the IC. I don't know if it's possible for this cycle, but I think we can definitely try or include language in our proposal that says that where possible, we will try to minimize costs by aligning with other committees, right? And that's very important for our proposal in general that we do not want to just okay, we say here we request 20,000 ADA for a workshop in let's say North America.

Nicolas Cerny: If it's less than 20,000, we will return that to the treasury, It's not like we will pocket that and take a profit or something. So, this is very clear. We only want to spend what we...

Nicolas Cerny: what we actually need of, right, Larissa? Sorry, you have your hand raised. Go ahead.

Larisa Mcfarlane: Yeah. No,...

Larisa Mcfarlane: I think absolutely on everything that's just been said about that and I think it's entirely valid to add wording in there that says where possible we will coordinate and reduce costs by working and collaborating with other workshops. But obviously bearing in mind it's dependent on we can't assume that any of the other committee budgets go through either with the workshops. we need to word it carefully to be where possible we will reduce and where we reduce we will return but to make that explicit in the wording in

Larisa Mcfarlane: in the proposal that it's there and can be seen that it's an intention or a commitment but we can't know that there will be a product committee because we don't know if they'll get the budget it's this endless figure of eight that we go on I also wanted to say that I had started to go through and reduce potentially

Larisa Mcfarlane: to see what it looks like with wording it as a minimum of six or even five workshops to say that that's a minimum with an intention. So we're committing to providing one in each of the

continents and we'll do more if opportunity allows. so I'm happy to rework because obviously I'm taking this document and putting it into the actual submission and...

Larisa Mcfarlane: And once I've nailed that wording in there, I can share it and we can edit direct and live from there.

Nicolas Cerny: Yeah, I think that's a very good idea with one per continent means just I'm always...

Nicolas Cerny: because we have Americas in there right now is one item but I would say due to the just vast geographical ical yeah landscapes. We need to have one in South America, one in Europe, one in Africa, one in I know Asia is f** big. Sorry. And Otania, So, six workshops. yeah. Or would you say we should only have five? won for at Americas also considering the civics committee composition right the election is now...

Nicolas Cerny: but we don't have anyone in the Americas right we have members in Europe Africa Southeast Asia

Larisa Mcfarlane: Yes. I mean,...

Larisa Mcfarlane: Again, we don't know who will be voted. Potentially, we could have, but who knows? it's an unknown and we need to have that flexibility or intention in there but the ability for it not to be critical. Yes, excuse

00:40:00

Nicolas Cerny: Simon, go ahead.

Seomon register: I think I would like to have one in North America and South America. Seems like we have quite the base in both of them. And I'm just wondering about does it make sense to make them at the events where people are already from Cardano or should we maybe go for events?

Nicolas Cerny: Yeah, we included that we want to do it at events where Kadano has a presence.

Seomon register: Yeah. Yeah. Exactly. That's what I'm seeing. Does that make sense?

Seomon register: familiar with Cardano. If they had any appetite to do that, maybe they probably would have found the material or would have gone into that. Maybe. Yeah, I'm not sure about that one. Just pointing it out.

Larisa Mcfarlane: I think though the nature of the workshops that we're looking at providing for are people who are already involved in Cardano in some way and maybe workshops where people don't have not had any exposure is more around GMC or MCC type packages and work that's more around the growth and marketing and membership area and community grants. But you think we're providing something it's actually quite specialized and targeted and so more aligned with existing events Cardano events.

Larisa Mcfarlane: I did also note, obviously it mentions Cardano Summit and I thought, we just need to make sure again of course, the intention and we hope that that's all happening, but we can't say that we'll definitely do that because we don't know. Mind you, we could say that about any event, anything could happen.

Seomon register: All right.

Seomon register: Yeah, now that you said it, I think I agree. Thank you.

Nicolas Cerny: Very good point,...

Nicolas Cerny: Simon. Yeah, it's how do we grow the pie, And how do we get new voices in? That's a big question. And I think really how we should also structure the community workshops, right? though I think those are really for people that are new to Kadano or let's say new to governance and ideally they would be then the funnel right we would funnel those people ideally into these flagship workshops right so in my ideal world we have let's say two community grantf funded workshops per continent or even three depends on how much we have available right and then they all let's

Nicolas Cerny: culminate into the big flagship workshop at a bigger Cardano event. yeah.

Larisa Mcfarlane: I was just typing but I'll say it because it's quicker. that I would describe it I like your funnel idea but we want to grow the governance expertise from the people who are in that funnel and u and deepen that knowledge and expertise to enable for example new CC members people who understand and have a deep knowledge of the constitution.

Larisa Mcfarlane: and governance processes, DREPs, those things. it's been said. Yeah. So, taking them from that big funnel and...

Nicolas Cerny: Yeah. Yep.

Larisa Mcfarlane: and then enabling them to get more involved in those specific work things. I know. Also, I think that's our USP as well, isn't it really? without wanting to sound too marketingy, but that's civics. That's what makes us different is that specific special area of interest around governance.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: And I'm going to say that governance in regards to funding I think is a little bit cooler let's say or popular amongst the reps this year and it was last year yeah and it's very important to get the aers on board here and some more dips. Yeah. Yeah.

00:45:00

Ken-Erik Ølmheim:

Nicolas Cerny: Yep. I hope so.

Nicolas Cerny: Even after all of these requests Yeah,...

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: I know. It's going to be a mess. And if you have five minutes, People say that the governance is not exciting. I'm going to show you something very exciting. if you have time in five minutes,

Nicolas Cerny: let's just finish this one here with the proposal and then we can do that hopefully. So, I think Larissa, we need to go over that and make sure it's consistent. But I think the way we have it right now is already in a very good state here. That needs to be reduced now. Yeah.

Nicolas Cerny: And Simon, I saw what your question regarding the ADAP price or the conversion rate. I think that's mandatory from or that's a direct directive from the executives and the board that we must budget it with 25 cents per USD per Absolutely.

Larisa Mcfarlane: Yeah, just with all the other committee budgets of it's been I don't know...

Larisa Mcfarlane: where it was decided but it was decided some

Seomon register: Yeah, I saw so I just wasn't sure anymore.

Seomon register: I think we've discussed it here anyway, but yeah, I just wanted to mention it. because it's quite important, If it goes down one like 25 cent, it's not really viable anymore.

Nicolas Cerny: Yeah, All right. Yeah, I will just update the big numbers here and then we can continue because otherwise I forget. But anyway, we need to check that. And I think with the formatting, Larissa, does it support markdown formatting the Elesacia tool?

Larisa Mcfarlane: I don't know. Yeah.

Nicolas Cerny: Not sure. Hopefully. I don't remember if that was a requirement. Let's see. And one thing I'll do before I'll just move around the work packages. Let's do it like this. Okay. Done.

Nicolas Cerny: All right.

Nicolas Cerny: Okay, got it. So yeah, how do we best approach I think would you all be comfortable with approving this budget to move forward to submission and then we can still edit it and refine it. Does that sound good?

Nicolas Cerny: And of course, Larissa and I will clean it up and everything will be available to all the civics committee members. So, we probably should do a poll. Can I create them? Yes, I can. So, let me quickly create the poll.

Larisa Mcfarlane: You've definitely got your Google control back.

Nicolas Cerny: Yes, finally.

00:50:00

Larisa Mcfarlane: Google That's cuz you're always in calls with Intersect.

Nicolas Cerny:

Nicolas Cerny: It's so weird. it worked on Monday and then it didn't work again on Tuesday and Wednesday and now it's working again. It's always in calls with intersect. I don't know proof. Yeah, I need to scale down a little bit with Intersect. I'm not an employee of Intersect.

Larisa Mcfarlane: No, you don't.

Nicolas Cerny: Do you approve the civics committee budget proposal after Hydra voting tool. That's the name, For community feedback. All right. Yes. No. Do not approve and abstain.

Nicolas Cerny: All right, the poll is live and I'm just reading the question. it reads, "Do you approve the civics committee budget proposal V6 to be submitted via the Hydra voting tool for community feedback? Options are do not approve or abstain. and launch. I just realized you can't see it. So now it's live. All right, four votes in. Thank you. I think three more.

Nicolas Cerny: Five votes are Thank you all for voting. Two more I think. yeah, I know.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: Did you vote Nicole?

Nicolas Cerny: I agree because I'm of the opinion also in Cardano governance that the people who put forward a proposal just like in any political system are usually also supporting their proposal or take. All right.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: Yep. Five volts.

Seomon register: Couldn't think of a situation...

Seomon register: where that wouldn't be true. Yeah.

Nicolas Cerny: Yes, five votes.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: We need two more.

Nicolas Cerny: We need two more. So, the poll live. I don't see who. I don't want to because I can see the names. We have two more minutes. I hope I can see we already have five yes votes, but that should not influence anyone. Also, no vote is okay or an abstain. Does anyone have difficulties with the poll itself? Because I know sometimes Google can be a bit tricky.

Nicolas Cerny: Really Ian is still a civics committee member...

Larisa Mcfarlane: I don't think we've got more than that in the meeting now.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: We have only five. Simon, Randy, Nico, Nana,...

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: me, Ian. Six. Are we missing one?

Nicolas Cerny:

Nicolas Cerny: until the cohort comes in.

Larisa Mcfarlane: It's possible Ian's multitasking...

Larisa Mcfarlane: if you're missing that vote.

Nicolas Cerny: I mean you voted Nana Randy Simon Keric.

Larisa Mcfarlane: Okay.

Larisa Mcfarlane: Thanks. X

Nicolas Cerny: Did you vote in the poll?

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: Yeah. Any and...

Nana Safo: Yep. I did

00:55:00

Nicolas Cerny: Okay, I did too. I just chose five. So, one of us is lying. It was me. No, just kidding.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: guys click the you guys.

Nicolas Cerny: Wait, let me Should I just end?

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: Did you click this vote? You have to click the green vote button.

Nicolas Cerny: Yes. Now we see it.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: There we go.

Randy Randy: I forgot to click vote. Sorry.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: Yeah. Thanks.

Nicolas Cerny: No worries, dy. It happens. Thank you. All right. So, yes. for the record, it was approved. So, we will clean up the document and then put it into the Hydra voting tool for community feedback. Of course, I'll keep an eye on the comments and we then still can iterate on the proposal itself. So when it comes to and we also said we're going to add some language around just for the last update before we end the meeting add that we aim to reduce costs wherever possible by combining workshops with other committees.

Larisa Mcfarlane:

Nicolas Cerny: I think that's a valuable addition. I think we all agreed with that and awesome. I really hope this gets funded,...

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: Object.

Nicolas Cerny: I was pessimistic for it for some time, but I thought about it and we should just try, Even if it's difficult, even if it will be hard, but it's important. Kadano governance needs funding because otherwise what's happening is like we saw yesterday with the GV tool crisis people are complaining that GV tool is down it wasn't funded right do you expect magically for infrastructure to be paid no right we need to nurture the governance layer that we have and slowly but surely improve it and with this proposal I really think that we're moving in the right direction.

Larisa Mcfarlane: Yes. ...

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: Yeah, I already Yeah,...

Larisa Mcfarlane: and I was just going to say I think we can almost look at gub tool being down as a blessing as a really sharp reminder of that if it's not funded there's no one who's actually responsible to make sure it works. Maybe we can start the meeting with that next week.

Nicolas Cerny: I need to jump. Unfortunately, I have an urgent meeting that I can't be late to. So, thank you so much. Can Eric, I'm sorry we didn't got to your point, but Byebye.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: I will just throw in the internal chat, but I just throw three links in here and it's only one of those who are correct in regards to the result and the clue is Cardano Foundation's insights on supplies. Thank you. Have a nice evening. All right.

Nicolas Cerny: Thank you.

Ken-Erik Ølmheim: Okay. What?

Larisa Mcfarlane: Also got to jump

Meeting ended after 00:58:30 🙋

This editable transcript was computer generated and might contain errors. People can also change the text after it was created.