Davis Aquatic Masters
Board Meeting – June 10, 2015
Meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. in the Brady Building at Civic Pool. Quorum was established.
Stu Kahn (non-voting)
Patricia Price (non-voting)
Allan Crow (non-voting)
Approval of Minutes
- The minutes from the April board meetings were approved, with Erica abstaining.
- The minutes from May board meeting were approved, with Pat, Ken, and Dave abstaining.
- Trish stated that she though equipment replacement should be a line item in our budget rather than a fundraising goal. Ken reported that it is a line item in our budget.
- Ken stated on behalf of Gloria Petruzelli that we should have a DAM tent at events like the Berryessa swim. Stu reported that we have banners but they were not at this year’s swim.
- Stu showed a photo of an autographed, framed Lance Armstrong jersey donated by a member, Paul Landes, and suggested that DAM donate it to the Bicycle Hall of Fame. All voted in favor.
Allan briefly went over the Financial Director’s report report. Of note:
- The BDoG net profits for DAM are between $6000-$9000 when taken in to account some of the sponsorship donations that usually occur with the long course meet.
- Ken reported that the city is increasing pool fees by $0.55/hr.
- The board discussed the $0.55/hr increase, and approved an additional $1.00/hr increase for one year (total budget impact $2700/yr). All of the city’s aquatics groups have agreed to a voluntary $1.00/hr increase to help the City of Davis reduce an $80,000 maintenance shortfall. Next year decision of whether to continue the voluntary $1.00/hr increase will again come before the board.
- The lights at Arroyo are inadequate for water polo. The city has asked each of the user groups to contribute $1300 to upgrading the lights. The board voted to give $1300 to the Davis Water Polo Club in the form of a $250 sponsorship which will be recognized publicly and a $1050 donation which will go toward upgrading the lights. Ken will notify Doug Wright.
- Erica reported that the draft revision of the Policies and Procedures will be available next month.
- The board agreed that there is no need to offer summer specials this year.
Coach’s report given by Stu Kahn.
- Stu reported that he and Mary are reaching the end of their 2 year contract. He will submit a proposal for a new contract.
- Stu reported we need to train and certify new lifeguards or re-certify existing lifeguards so that there are two certified lifeguards at each workout. Certification will begin in mid to late July.
- Stu presented at the recent USMS Coaches’ Clinic in Nashville. About 30 coaches were in attendance.
- Approaching Finis as a club sponsor was discussed by the group. Rose and Stu will meet with John Mix to discuss.
- Trish reported that Club Assistant collected 468 payments for a total of $27,575.50. There were 41 onsite registrations for USMS, and six onsite USA-S registrations.
- Bills are still due for the event. A clearer financial analysis will be available next month.
- Trish reported that she was disappointed in the number of volunteers for the event.
- Tom Brown will not be returning next year as the Safety Director.
- Trish will determine and let us know if she will be the event director again next year.
- Greg reported that there is nothing new on the 50m pool.
- Ken reported the bricks should be delivered in three weeks. There was discussion around the installation of the bricks.
- Byron reported that the summer barbecue is scheduled for July 18, 6:30-8:30 pm.
- Scheduled for July 8, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 8:08 PM