Super Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 1 T. olive oil
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 10.75 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 10.75 oz. can Cheddar cheese soup
- 10.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 4 oz. can chopped green chiles
- 1 deli roast chicken, boned and shredded
- Garnish: shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream fresh cilantro, tortilla chips/strips
- In a stock pot over medium heat, saute onion in oil until tender and golden. Add remaining ingredients except garnish; stir. Bring to a boil. Add to slow cooker and cover and cook on high for 2 hours. At serving time, ladle into soup bowls; add desired toppings.
- This recipe can also be prepared in a dutch oven by following the above directions except after bringing everything to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.