=Step 1: Review Online Behavior Expectations
Step 2: Set up your blog
- Go to http://desiredblogname.blog.stab.org/ in your web browser.When naming your blog, use only your first initial/last name or last name. DO NOT USE FIRST AND LAST NAME. Also, feel free to be creative, but you must include your last name somewhere in your blog title.
- Fill in correct information. You must use your students.stab.org email address or the system will reject your registration attempt.
- Click the link in the email the system sends (check spam folder) to activate your blog. Those of you with wordpress experience will find the dashboard pretty much the same.
- IMPORTANT: Currently, categorization isn’t working properly. As such, students must assign themselves a category even after they have chosen their grade level when they sign up. Guide them through these steps:
- Sign into your blog’s admin page (Go to http://<yourblogname>.blog.stab.org/wp-admin)
- Go to “Settings -> Reading” on the left hand sidebar
- Scroll down to “Network Summary” and select the correct Category (class):
NOTE: “Yes, show it!” must be checked!
- Make sure you click “Save Changes” at the bottom when you are finished. The categorization step will not be required in the next release of this software (everything will be automatic).
4. Go to settings>User>Your Profile generate a new password then delete what they give you and make a password for yourself.
5. Make sure you customize your blog by changing the tagline and have fun designing a space that represents you.