EPICS V4 Telecon 02-Feb-2016

Earlier                                                                                Later

Agenda

  1. Status of AIs
  2. Version 4.5.0.1 release status
  3. Open merge requests on github
  1. pvDataCPP:
  1. https://github.com/epics-base/pvDataCPP/pull/17 — bitSet: macros and vector storage
  2. https://github.com/epics-base/pvDataCPP/pull/19 — pv/ subdirectories
  3. https://github.com/epics-base/pvDataCPP/pull/22 — Add serialize to Vector()
  1. pvAccessCPP:
  1. https://github.com/epics-base/pvAccessCPP/pull/22 — Move headers to pv/
  1. normativeTypesCPP:
  1. https://github.com/epics-base/normativeTypesCPP/pull/7 — Move headers to pv/
  1. pvaClientCPP:
  1. https://github.com/epics-base/pvaClientCPP/pull/13 — Move headers to pv/
  1. pvaSrv:
  1. https://github.com/epics-base/pvaSrv/pull/25 — Fix issues 1, 23 and 34
  2. https://github.com/epics-base/pvaSrv/pull/26 — getSubField -> getSubFieldT to avoid potential NULL de-ref
  3. https://github.com/epics-base/pvaSrv/pull/28 — build softIocPVA
  1. exampleCPP:
  1. https://github.com/epics-base/exampleCPP/pull/4 — test is no longer embedded
  2. add SHRLIB_VERSION
  3. add throw test
  1. Any other business?

Minutes

Present: AJ, MS, MK

Chair: AJ

Scribe: MS

  1. Status of AIs

RL (offline): #7 [for pvaSrv] completed; #8 completed.

Call to all module owners to do #7.

AJ: Have we done “shared library versions” on all the modules?

MK: Yes.

MK: #15 and #17 done.

  1. Version 4.5.0.1 release status

DH: Both pre-s are released.

AJ: Are we going to wait for 2 weeks (according to the procedure)? Is anybody going to test TAR files?

MS: Goubao should test if bugfix release works for him?

AJ: Let’s send him an email. DH will sent it.

MD: I already got explicit confirmation that the fix works.

AJ: Should he still test the release? DH will still send an email.

DH: It’s only one line. If the line is in, then it should be OK.

AJ: Send an email anyway, give and Guobao a couple of days…

  1. Open merge requests on github

Tip from MD: There is a list of open all pull-requests for entire epics-base organization.

  1. pvDataCPP:

  1. https://github.com/epics-base/pvDataCPP/pull/17 — Add serialize to Vector()
  2. https://github.com/epics-base/pvDataCPP/pull/19 — pv/ subdirectories
  3. https://github.com/epics-base/pvDataCPP/pull/22 — bitSet: macros and vector storage

MS: I am OK with the changes to serialization.

DH: Will look at it.

MD: I reassigned pull-requests to DH.

 

  1. pvAccessCPP:

  1. https://github.com/epics-base/pvAccessCPP/pull/22 — Move headers to pv/

MS: Will check and merge.

  1. normativeTypesCPP:

  1. https://github.com/epics-base/normativeTypesCPP/pull/7 — Move headers to pv/

MD: I will reassign pull-request to DH.

  1. pvaClientCPP:

  1. https://github.com/epics-base/pvaClientCPP/pull/13 — Move headers to pv/

MK: I am fine to merge.

  1. pvaSrv:

  1. https://github.com/epics-base/pvaSrv/pull/25 — Fix issues 1, 23 and 34
  2. https://github.com/epics-base/pvaSrv/pull/26 — getSubField -> getSubFieldT to avoid potential NULL de-ref
  3. https://github.com/epics-base/pvaSrv/pull/28 — build softIocPVA

MD: I will reassign pull-requests to RL.

DH: #25 contains pretty critical fixes.

  1. exampleCPP:

  1. https://github.com/epics-base/exampleCPP/pull/4 — test is no longer embedded
  2. add SHRLIB_VERSION
  3. add throw test

MK: I am stuck. 2 problems:

1. jenkins fails building test.

2. static library compilation problem (cannot find depended static libraries)

MD: Please post gcc command line when you see these kinds of problems.

MK: AJ please clone my fork and check. RL should look at jenkins build. pull-request comment is quite descriptive.

  1. Any other business?

MD: MS have a look at the email (on GW) I’ve sent yesterday.

MS: I plan to.

MK: I suggest to merge GW branches ASAP.

MS: OK. MD and me will coordinate and made a pull-request.

Active Action Items

Note: Completed AIs are shown once in the list of the meeting in which they are recognized as completed. They are removed in the minutes of the following meeting.

No

Action

Assignee

Target Date

Status

2

See who can fund dbGroup

GW

assigned

5

Write the one license file (using the MIT license in most cases)

AJ

assigned

6

Update your module to include copy of that one LICENSE. Update your headers to contain the header text.

ALL MODULE OWNERS

wait on 5

7

On your module pages, remove the current/previous links; replace “Working Draft” with version number of module, which has its own numbering scheme, like 5.0.2 for pvDataCPP. Eg “Version 5.0.2 18/Nov/2015”

ALL MODULE OWNERS

2016-01-31

assigned

8

Change the C++ bundling to add creation of a tarfile that includes Base 3.15.x

RL

2016-01-31

completed

10

Simplify Literature page and home page to help users find novice oriented documentation.

GW

assigned

12

Usher the patch fix for buffer overflow through to release.

DH

2016-02-12

assigned

14

Create pull requests for all modules, other than exampleCPP and pvDatabaseCPP, which move the headers into a pv/ subdirectory

MD

completed

15

Create pull requests for exampleCPP and pvDatabaseCPP, which move the headers into a pv/ subdirectory

MK

completed

16

Create pull requests for all modules, other than exampleCPP and pvDatabaseCPP, which set the shared library versions

MD

assigned

17

Create pull requests for exampleCPP and pvDatabaseCPP, which set the shared library versions

MK

completed